Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Uh....who me?

Bringing a 1977 BMW into the US

For those who haven't checked the Show your Scoot thread or the For Sale site, lately we've had a discussion about Dan Alexander's 1977 R100RS. I'm thinking about having a go at buying it, but not sure about bringing a Canadian bike into the US. The thread, with VIN, is at
R100rs

So....since it's a '77 model Georgia DO Revenue is not particularly concerned about it, so I think I can title it depending on what Canadian proof of ownership documents Dan has for the bike. Will US customs have a problem? Anything else I'm not considering? Whether I buy it or not, this is a topic I don't recall being discussed on the Pelican list. Thanks for any inputs you may have.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Just a thought. Several years ago when I was thinking about riding to Alaska and the Yukon, I wanted to find out about the legal ins and outs in Canada for carrying a sidearm...just in case of bears. I remember going to a Canadian Customs web site that had all the answers. I don't have the link, but I am sure you can find it.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Boy am I dumb. You need US customs. All the better and probably easier to find answers on the internet.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Uh....who me?

Dan, prolly not a bad idea to ask in both directions, but I already went to the US site and got lost in a quagmire of FAQ's, none of which were what I wanted. I'll try again unless someone on the board has a suggestion. I remember a few years back LT Snyder brought an SV-650S into the US from Canada and had quite a tail to tell. But I suspect it won't be the same with a '77 model. We'll see.
Thanks.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: