Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Servo pump removal?

Does any one know if the stock master cylinder that goes with the servo ABS set up on a 2004 can be used with out the pump. I am thinking of removing the pump/ABS system. In other words, is the master cylinder the same for ABS and non ABS systems and will it work properly connected directly to the calipers?

Old 06-19-2007, 04:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

No takers on this one?
Old 06-21-2007, 05:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I'd like to know the same thing. Should do a search, I guess. Can one make a servo bike non servo? and if so could you still do ABS or not?Sorry wmach, I'm not answering your question.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Send a message via AIM to signit98
...yes, the setup is the same... I will be using my Stock-ABS master after I take out the PUMP and all that unnecessary stuff that is dangling off it... I checked it against the BCR non-ABS and it is the same...

I'll post pictures and report, but - due to recent events on the private side - it might take a few weeks..

Did you ever get an engine, Chef? Sorry I was a bit neglective on you... but I had my head full with other stuff....
2005 R1200GS - 20014 KTM690 Enduro - 2011 Husky TE250
Old 06-21-2007, 09:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Very cool, to know. No worries signit 98, I hope your knee? is better, Believe me I know how it is. My name is my proffesion, and food network has made everyone how brutal the kitchen world is. Getting to exec chef consists of mission impossible for 80-100hrs a week. Then you miss it. sick. I made the mistake of going to a dealer who had a used motor. Was told 2 days. Its been ther 7 WEEKS, and now it will be 3 more. With the cost way over what was promised. My 1100s motors explode internally 1st at 6.5K , warrantied and the second at 18K 9.5 k avg. They don't know why. not lack of oil, the connecting rod just failed on the replaced one. 12K and 40 mo after install. It's pretty hard to want to not like at the bulletproof stuff from the East. C'mon even Harleys are bulletproof since they got the gaskets tight. 20 years ago. Dr Greg Frazier and a lot of the world travellers it seems are no longer doing BMW for the reliability reasons. The owner of this very well known dealer near DC is out of town on a well deserved vacation. He usually runs a very tight ship. In his absence it's been a true nightmare. it took 9 weeks to get handlebars for my wifes 650, then 90% over quote. 90%! In fairness I'll wait til he replies to me before I tell the whole experience. I don't know why though. if you go to a restaurant and your food sucks, "the chef is on vacation" and by the way the prices are higher wouldn't cut it. So I guess the answer is sort of. I have a motor, but the install is a month late and won't be done for 3 more weeks. Interestingly the website brags of a 1 week wait for service. But my vacation/tour plans are ruined and anyway now I can't afford to tour. with what it costs and what I could have gotten for the rest of the bike, I could be buying something European used, or Japanese new.What this has to do with brakes I dont know, sorry wmach. Thanks for the answer. I'm going to advriders and sport turing.net now, to torture myself.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

outsch... that does not sound to appealing... Owner on vacation or not... if you ship does not float while you take time off, you either:
a) dont take time off or...
B) ...correct the mistakes you made with your personel in first place and make it work.

I can take off for weeks, and never even get a phone call... not that I'd want to get one either... but it's all good when I come back... that's what you get for paying a little more, treating your people so they look forward to coming back to work and letting them take time off when they want/need it...

Sorry to hear about your experiences!
Old 06-22-2007, 12:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Exactly, I did fine dining, Sam & Harry's in DC as Exec, Smith & Wollensky's as Exec. Sous, 5 yrs with P.F. Chang's as Exec. Changs is not fine dining but an extremely well run organization. If you don't have the folks that can represent you when your not there, don't go. It's still your name and integrety on the door, menu, whatever. It sucks, Perhaps, I will be compensated in some way. There really isn't a way though. Even if it all got comped (it wont), the time, the really good season is gone. Everybody raves about this place, so I'm confused too. That's life. Sometimes you get burned. It's only one guy there who has screwed me. over and over. Another guy who works there got back from his vacation and that's why things are moving along again. He's doing what he can. I do love the 1100s when it works though. i'll post the story when it's said and done. I let people slide on messing up a thing or two. My cooks mess up, but not every course. I comp meals too though. I'ts pretty bad. Meanwhile back at the old ranch, I rode a demo r12s for 20mi or so, and althugh I think I like the 11 for how I ride, I did like the lack of whine those servos make. I'll look into that servo disconnect when I can. Unless my bike dies. Again.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

...the servos should NOT whine!

...are you sure you are not getting tired of the fuel pump instead
Old 06-22-2007, 01:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

when I use brakes they make a noise. It's an electric, maybe pumpy whine. It's not the sound of a fuel pump like when you turn on a bike. like a BMW or an injected Harley. I have been reading about many people being unhappy with the sound of Servo brakes, for years. They sure are powerful though. I'm nowhere near your wrenching experience, but I don't see the connection between brake levers and fuel pumps. It's a really annoying noise. some people dig it, most don't, it's usually and correctly descibed as a whine and only happens when brakes are in use.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

There was a time I could spell, punctuate, and use caps properly. I've been lauded for writing well. Clearly, that time is past.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

...you are still doing better than 95% of your fellow americans, it seems

...you will not be disappointed with the "power" of the brakes after removing the ABS pump and the rubber lines (YOU WILL HAVE TO GO BRAIDED LINE!!!) I have ridden a sans-abs bike and it is quite nice... just talk to all the BCR owners without...

If you run into problems, either email me or give me a call (just keep in mind that I am 3 hours behind you!!!)... if I can help, I will.
Also, keep in mind that with your current setup, the brakes are wired through the pump, you will have to re-wire and put a solenoid in for the brake lights. It's not complicated...

Once again, if (and when) I'll get around to it, I will document and post the process...
Old 06-22-2007, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Living on borrowed time!

sandcityflyer here from this board did the exact thing (with me shamelessly egging him on as I said 'you can do it!)...and he was super-happy with the results.
You'll be amazed at all the room under the tank afterwards and the size of the pile of govno that came out of the guts of your scoot.

'I am John Andrew Moffett of the Clan Moffat and by god I live, love, seek, fail, grieve and die as I so choose and I call no man master save me'.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

So true. At least I WAS literate. Might have to do with that mis-spent youth in Greenwich Village and the Lower East Side of NY (or Rikers)during the 80's. Ha, I cried like a little biatch, and got my optimism back. Maybe I should have posted more than 10 times in 4.5 years. I'd be rich. Pelican Rocks. I'm off to cater 60 people on a roof. Thanks, signit98, now I wont jump. wcmach, Thanks for letting me hijack. I apoligize. Think we got our answer.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Jony: PM me, have a sticky wicket I need your advice about. Many thanks.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

...Oh yeah, Jony... I fogot about that... THE SPACE!!!

I actually plan to have my tank enlarged... something that can be done, once the ABS stuff is gone... gain is almost 3/4 of a gallon!!!

Less stopping, more riding!!!

Old 06-22-2007, 02:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: