Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
intrinsically no good

Some BMWs at Gooch's

Went on a benefit ride last night from Rockaway, NJ to Manhattan... Gooch's Garlic Run. Ton of bikes, mostly HDs and other cruisers. It was cool to see traffic stopped on Rt. 80 and Rt. 280 though. Felt bad for the people who needed to get somewhere!

mmm... I want one.

RS

can't say as i've seen this bike before...

hog heaven!

Old 06-21-2007, 08:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Snob Pirate

Re: Some BMWs at Gooch's

Quote:

can't say as i've seen this bike before...
Looks like an early 90s K1 with an aftermarket seat. Google BMW K1 for a little more info !

geo
Old 06-21-2007, 10:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Barback King

K1 w/Corbin minus cowl, yes.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Snob Pirate

Here's mine. A factory black one with the cowl as noted by the rapid one, minus the fancy graphics. They were made with and without the graphics. This one is a 91.

Its buddy is Mary's idea of a suitable traveling companion.

Hard to say which is the beauty and which is the beast.

geo
Old 06-21-2007, 11:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Do not take too seriously

Garage
The K1 still qualifies in the top 10 ugliest bikes ever made in my book, but it's sure something special and rare. I'd say, the beautiful beast is the VMAX.

http://www.sport-touring.eu | http://eurotravel.photos
Old 06-21-2007, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
...elica rossa...

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by throttlemeister
...the K1 still qualifies in the top 10 ugliest bikes ever made in my book...
...now I know it for sure, fellow countryman ; there’s definitely something wrong with you...

...a K1 ugly...geez...

R1200S + R1200RT
Old 06-22-2007, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Snob Pirate

Oh Oh, Beauty and its admirers. I personally love the looks of the K1. That is why I searched the country for one with low miles and a good price. Found it in MN at a BMW dealer where it had been sitting and been obviously unloved. Why else would they have sent me out on a test ride with 15# in the tires ? Handled a little oddly but with that huge turning radius, I had my hands full anyway.

Rather than conduct a K1 admiration or dismantling society meeting, lets agree that the ugliest bike ever made was a Honda Pacific Coast and leave it at that unless somebody has something even worse than the Coast and wants to nominate it.

(Apologies to Coast owners in advance)

geo
Old 06-22-2007, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Send a message via AIM to signit98
...Geo... I happen to think that neither one would be a qualificant for "Beuty" BY ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION!!!
2005 R1200GS - 20014 KTM690 Enduro - 2011 Husky TE250
Old 06-22-2007, 11:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Snob Pirate

Tough crowd !

geo
Old 06-22-2007, 12:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

K1 looks decidely dated (really, it's just a K100 4valver with ABS and fancy-shmancy body work). but ugly? nah. Pathetic Ghost, yeah, that was sortof ugly, but mostly it was just confused. "Am i a Vespa scooter on steroids? No, not that cute. Maybe a little Gold Wing? No, not really. A VFR in zoot suit attire? No, I think not." Confused bike, that's all.
This, well now THIS is eyeball hurting, mind bending, run-away-in-fear, hideously FUGLY!
Someone is gonna have to do something serious to take the title of "most ugly" from this beast's paws!
2009 F800GS. has a better saddle. and other stuff. (sold)
2016 R12GSW 3Black. wow.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Barback King

yep, now that is just ugly in concept without even being in the flesh...ugh.

Old 06-22-2007, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: