Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

Poll: Friday Fun Poll:To Tune or not to tune?
Poll Options
Friday Fun Poll:To Tune or not to tune?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

And if your Dave Searle and have to use your turn signals, all hell breaks loose.....

Quote:
Originally posted by KeepTheShineyPartUp.com
Yeah, but I'm confused...

How do I stand up, light my BIC, chant encore, encore,... and

twist grip, pull levers, push knobs ... all at once?

Old 06-28-2007, 06:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
unsafe at any speed

Quote:
Originally posted by Flatbutt1
So Bill, were you listening to music when you missed the nail and hammered your thumb instead?

No but I sure made some immediately after the incident!

Highlander,
Have not had the opportunity to try the new lid yet, but these speakers in foam have been used in my previous helmets with great results. I always wear ear plugs regardless, and keep the music volume at a level that still allows me to hear some engine sounds, and other vehicles for safety. Maybe this weekend I will get to ride... Been working long days and have not had the time to ride during the week.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
unsafe at any speed

Quote:
Originally posted by Highlander179
nice stuff! in regards to the Bell, have you given it a test run yet? how is the wind noise compared to what you've been using?

After a 100 mile jaunt this evening, I would rate it every bit as quiet as my Simpson. Only thing I noticed, is if I turn my head to the right something lightly whistles... Maybe one of the vents.
Speakers work OK but the higher notes make it through my ear plugs better than Bass... Popping the speakers out of the helmet is a 10 second operation if I decide to go back to my ear plug speakers for deeper richer bass. I did notice that the helmet is quieter with the foam wedges/speaker assy's removed.

I really like the lightness of the Bell. Lightest helmet I have ever used. The field of vision is much wider than some of my other helmets too.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

I use my Ipod mostly on my bicycle cause its more portable. On the BMW, I use XM Radio because of the nearly infinite variety. Even though there's 500+ songs on my Ipod, I'm worried about getting sick of them (if I ever hear Brown Sugar again, I'm going to kill someone....)

Old 06-28-2007, 10:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: