Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Well another option and I might be stretching here I think is the F1200 HP based on the current F800.

Here is way.

a) It can easily convert to chain from belt.
b) Its Inline2 engine seems strong enough (will poduce almost 100hp tunned on 800cc)
c) The bikes wait is only 200kgs fully loaded
d) And the new 2 cylinder rules have a higher min weight.

What we know is that the 800 engine produces 85hp with extremely low consumption, so it could easily reach 100hp on its own, so would the extra 400cc provide another 90hp..?

And of' course I know nothing of the frame...!! if it can take such power.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Do not take too seriously

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by YellowRacer
The reason they want 190hp is probably because they can't make it under 500lbs... Thats whats wrong with BMW, fat, and not enough power. But still fun for what they are.
Given that the current K1200 makes 170hp just by adding a RapidBike box to it and an aftermarket exhaust, the power shouldn't be a problem.

To be honest, I think 190 would be way too low for racing. Maybe in street trim. You have to keep in mind that last years Ten Kate's CBR was in the ballpark of 220hp at the wheel(!). That means the top SBK 1000c 4-bangers are in the same ballpark as motogp when it comes to top horsepower.

I'd say, to be competitive total weight of the bike is not the issue. Making an engine that will last on the street, with enough power reserves to be unleashed within SBK regulations while being small and light enough so they can be competitive is.

http://www.sport-touring.eu | http://eurotravel.photos
Old 06-28-2007, 11:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: