Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Send a message via AIM to signit98
Our Donkey slightly different...

...I was actually thinking to build something along those lines with the BCR... Still am, after seeing these pictures... maybe now more than ever!

2005 R1200GS - 20014 KTM690 Enduro - 2011 Husky TE250
Old 06-25-2007, 09:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Nothing personal but that's one damned ugly assortment of parts.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Uh....who me?

Quote:
Originally posted by jduke
Nothing personal but that's one damned ugly assortment of parts.
+1
Old 06-25-2007, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

...yeah, well.... so is the new KTM, but some people just like it...

No worries, I don't take it personal - being in graphic arts, I know that taste is very individual and what blows me away, might appall you...

I particularly like the way they did the exhausts... I have spent the whole morning, measuring and mocking.... just to come to the conclusion that it's impractical... the old can I zip-tied to the frame is pretty scratched up now... and if I want that, I can leave the Center stand on the bike... so, back to the drawing board of my single cannister under the seat...
Old 06-25-2007, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

How is it impractical? It's definitely cool looking. Is it the ergo adjustments necessary?

There's a lot I agree with jduke on this one, but sometimes these things in person are pretty neat. I encourage you to go your own route on it, signit! I tried imagining something when I had the tank and fairings off. It really is a different chassis. So much room for creativity that UJMs can't touch. The problem is, it requires a lot more thought. Most UJM cafe racers are pretty straight forward, to the point that it's like making a Harley chopper. The R11S is way way different.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Chris, it's impractical in as I was dragging the cans around quickly... maybe smaller cans would work but then you compromise proper exhaustion... yes, It does look cool, that's why I jumped on it immediately... but then, I am getting rid of my center because of that and the cans touch the ground before the centerstand does... go figure.

Now I am thinking Buell type exhaust... new manifold arrangement and then center below the bike... if I come up with something, I'll post... I'll also post dyno results... if it works, all the better for it...

I can see now the issues people had with the PCIII... with the starting and such... but it is not that annoying... it is running a little rich though... need to work on that.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Gotcha. I was assuming there was plenty of room to triangulate between the ground and under the heads. Too bad.

Anton had a RoadRacing exhaust on his Monster 750. It's the coolest exhaust I've ever experienced. Ducatis can be justifiably loud. All of them. So it was extra cool. Come to think of it, I've yet to find a Monster cooler than the one he owned. Every one that I see is usually overdone or stock. Anyways, for some inspiration, this site has some excellent pics of the setup.
http://ducatimonster.org/reviews/minireview_roadracing_exhaust.html
Old 06-25-2007, 04:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Man it's flat out here!

Garage
Here's another Pipe idea for an AirHead Twin from Team Obsolete. Don't know if something similar is possible on an OilHead.

"What I've tried to do in the two books I've done, Signature in the Cell and Darwin's Doubt, is to show just how weak the materialist's hand is in explaining the key events in the history of life. ... We would encourage people to roll up their sleeves, do their homework on this." Stephen Meyer PHD
Old 06-25-2007, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: