Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Regnat populus

Garage
BMW Roundel BMW HP2 MegaMoto

Babel Fish Translation

In English:
Introduced new BMW HP2 Megamoto 27.06.2007 New HP2 Megamoto is according to model of the High line the Performance and places side by side the HP2 Enduro. The Megamoto new is voted to uses street, in particular to who means the motion as "pleasure instrument". HP2 is the acronym of High Performance, the 2 indicates the cylinders of the Boxer motor, icona of BMW Motorrad. Megamoto in order to emphasize the strong tie with the road, where the new model is expressed R-al.meglio. The term "high performance/alte performances" exceeds the concept of sport performance, but it refers to the performance in total way: "High performance" is the perfect synthesis of all the members personalities, power, handling, designs and style that render a product exceptional. Its DNA comes outside from the main technical characteristics and its ricercatezza: · lightness: 178 kg to dry · performances: 113 CV and 115 Nm/6.000 giri/min; · refined suspensions; · refraining system; · material valuable; · only design and winning; · personality: stiff lines, connections chromium plated to us, essenzialitą. The HP2 Megamoto incarnates to the perfection philosophy HP, represented from an exclusive motion that gives strong feelings to the guide and alla.vista: becoming the new point of reference between bicylindrical the sportswoman. Character, personalities and technical solutions refined render it a product of image beyond that of substance. Motor and performances the characteristic Boxer motor, icona of BMW Motorrad, once again will know to astonish for its power, versatilitą and distribution without to forget respect for the atmosphere, comfort and ergonomics. Bicylindrical Boxer 1200 cc in this configuration distributes 113 CV with one brace of 115 Nm to 6.000 giri/min. In this new configuration the motor makes to release the HP2 Megamoto from 0 to 100 km/h in 3,2' '. It finishes them of Akrapovic drainage, of accredited series and for street use, gives performances and lightness, beyond emphasizing the sport character of the Megamoto. Also in this version the chameleonic motor Boxer BMW has known to answer to the requirements of distribution of the new model beyond ring-enter in the parameters of emissions of the norm Euro 3. Chassis, suspensions and refraining system. The chassis is in steel attice and the motor is suspended, does not carry out carrying function that is. Regarding the measures of the chassis of the HP2 Enduro the variations are: the angle of steering that passes from 60,5 to 61,4, and the avancorsa that milimeter passes from 127 to 95. The interasse it nearly remains invariato.

The choice of the suspensions is dictated from the search of the maximum effectiveness of the motion in uses street and in I use sportsman in track: the unit suspensions previews to front one Marzocchi staple to steles turns upside down from 45 milimeter, adjustable in jam and extension to you. To retrotreno the tire monoarm BMW Paralever is mounted on the classic, the same one ago to work mono adjustable a Ohlins shock-absorber in jam, extension, precarico motivating force and length interasse. The excursion of the 160 suspensions is to the front one that to the posterior one is of milimeter. The refraining system is studied for uses it sport: double floating front disc from 320 milimeter worked from pliers to 4 pistoncini contrapposti. To posterior a single disc from 265 milimeter. The system is in treccia metallic for the best resistance to the fading and for a perfect one feeling to the lever. Like for the HP2 Enduro, data I use it sportsman of the motion, is not available system ABS. The refraining system assures decelerations from street sportswoman. The sensibility is maximum, the pilot can therefore manage the refraining power. Also in conditions of not manifest onerous employment as the track the system does not go sottosforzo and symptoms of fading. To the contrary it maintains a rendering constant. Mix the perfect chassis-suspension-motor renders the HP2 Megamoto a sharpenned arm with which amusing itself between the curves, the hairpin curves and the grips mountain roads. Suspensions and chassis work perfectly in order to render the support in phase of insertion and phase of distance of the curve sure. In escape they assure the maximum traction in order to unload the power of the Boxer motor. Designs and details the strong personality given from the stiff lines, its essenzialitą and the total choices of design render it winning, only and unmistakable. The lines of the HP2 Megamoto render it fascinating and sensuale, the fianchetti lateral protraggono towards the front wheel to emphasize the aggressiveness and the dinamicitą. The double asymmetric beacon remembers that one of the progenitrice, that GS whose happened also it has had to winning shapes, the decided, only lines and not imitabili that have rendered this particular element a true one and just "business card" of the production puts into effect them BMW Motorrad. The powerful motor boxer with the two lateral sporgenti cylinders renders still more aggressive, the shape of the motion "nearly threatening" that is approached. Watching it laterally the choice of the clear colors for the superstructures in contrast with the dark colors of the mechanics in the complex it renders it very dynamics and of it it slims altogether the figure. Details in carbon: the front mudguard and wraps it advanced of the tank is in carbon. Such details beyond to impreziosire the product emphasize the aspect racing of new HP2 Megamoto.

Robert Foster

FOSTER RAD
LASER Engineering Exhaust Systems
RapidBike USA
Oakland Gardens, NY
Robert@FosterRAD.com
718-468-4680

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
...elica rossa...

Garage
...yep ; a beautiful bike...

R1200S + R1200RT
Old 06-27-2007, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Top of the Valley

How much coin?
Old 06-27-2007, 01:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I have ridden its predecessor in Europe, and will get some serious seat time, in the Alps, in a couple of weeks.

I am assisting Beach's Motorcycle adventures with tours this summer and we had a client that wanted one on the tour we are currently running, I had to pick it up from the BMW factory and rode it about 40 kM, back to the starting point, I was going to take it out on the back roads, but weather was moving in. Rob Beach is keeping it for the next tour and I should get 3-6 days in the saddle of the current one. I will let you know what I think.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Top of the Valley

I think I'll be selling my R12S next year.......one owner, low miles........

Old 06-28-2007, 11:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: