Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Bags-Connection "Trial QL" Quick-Lock Tankbag

Does anyone have any experience with Bag-Connection products?

I am looking at getting the Trial QL expandable to 23L from twistedthrottle.com. Seems like a nice bag and has the SW-MOTECH Gascap Mounting System.

Since the bag is centered on the fuel cap is there an issue since our fuel filler cap is offset on the tank?

Thanks,
Brandon

Old 06-27-2007, 07:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

www.heldusa.com has something very close.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I don't think the offset is a problem as you mount the ring underneath the bag yourself so you can choose the position and can therefore compensate for the small offset. I don't have experience though but there bags look realy good and the quicklock works realy well. I want one for my bike(R1200R) but this has no mounting holes in the gascap surround. There are a few ways to get by this problem but it all makes it a bit less simple. On the Bags connection website there are downloads available of the mounting procedure to see how all is done.

'09 Aprilia Scarabeo 250 i.e.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Top of the Valley

If I rememeber correctly they have a replacement ring for the R1200R and S so you can use this set-up.
http://www.bags-connection.com/ql_tankringe/562_Power_Socket_BMW_without_screws.html

Last edited by MaineRoads; 06-28-2007 at 05:45 PM..
Old 06-28-2007, 05:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Thanks Steve for the link. I don't need a powered ring though and the price increase compared to a normal ring is 80 euro's witch makes the tankbag a bit expensive(esspecialy so knowing that my dealer throws in the normal adapter ring for free). I can just use a 6 hole bmw R1150R ring and drill holes in the gascap surround but I'm still not sure if I'm going that route.

'09 Aprilia Scarabeo 250 i.e.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

The quiklok system is great, I have it on both of my BMW's but the trial bag is just a little big for the 1100S. The Held QL bag that is sort of molded fits perfectly though. There is no problem with the offset, as we are all just a little offset ourselves.

Bob
Old 06-29-2007, 11:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

I have that set-up. Have to say I'm very impressed. No need to play with straps every time you want to take your bag with you. An popping off the bag is cinch over the old strap securing method. If a ring is made for your particular model you have to at least give it a try. Its worth it.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: