Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Living on borrowed time!

OT
hey AnotherOlderRider!
the devcon flexane worked PERFECTLY!
it b lew them away at the local honda shop..my spoked wheels with tubless tires work perfectly!
thanks for the tip...

'I am John Andrew Moffett of the Clan Moffat and by god I live, love, seek, fail, grieve and die as I so choose and I call no man master save me'.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Hi Jony - glad it worked, I got the idea from a discussion on the Chassis List ( www.eurospares.com ). Everyone seems to think it's some big technical issue, but it just has to hold air - it doesn't have to contribute anything else to the wheel.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
I love my Daytona 675, but its a pretty committed riding position =read painful If you're on roads where you can keep a decent amount of wind on your chest, its not that bad. Getting stuck in traffic or slower town roads and the wrists take a beating.

Maybe try the new Street Triple 675 when they are released. Weight looks to be about the same, and they just shifted the power down the RPM range a bit.

I really like the triple configuration, and for me it really has the best of both worlds (vs twins and 4 cylinders).

http://www.triumph.co.uk/streettriple/streetTripleFlash.asp?lang=en-US

RE: the whole riding a slow bike fast - I've been having a ridiculously fun time flogging my wife's learner bike (2001 Ninja 250). On a REALLY tight road, sadly I think I might be fastest on this bike. I think its the combo of the seating position (upright) and handlebars (vs clip ons). Anyway, I think the Street Triple will have that same ergo set up, and the perfect engine moving it. I think I just talked myself into getting a Street Triple...

2012 Ducati Streetfighter S
2013 BMW R1200GS
2014 KTM 1290 Superduke R

Last edited by slowrider; 07-04-2007 at 10:25 AM..
Old 07-04-2007, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to motoman

< = > Less is More.

If you think you know it all, you obviously don't know anything.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: