Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Man it's flat out here!

Garage
Teknic Chicane Leather Glove...defect

My old Teknic Violater Gloves were worn out and I decided to replace them. So.....

27JUN2007 I ordered a set of new gloves today from www.mawonline.com. I called 1-800-241-2222 and spoke with Emily. I ordered one pair of Teknic Chicane Leather Gloves (Color: Black, Size: 2XL, Catalog No: 43611). The total price including shipping was $51.28.
------------------------------------------------
Teknic CHICANE glove:

Glove Type: Sports / street glove, with pre curved fingers & palm. Unique features: Steel thread molded knuckle protector. Upper Materials: Goatskin. Upper Lining: Breathable Nylex. Palm Materials: Black Analin goatskin. Armor type: Steel thread molded knuckle protector. Keprotec lined palm & little finger. Specific Details: Pre-curved fingers & palm. Underside wrist strap system. Padded Hook-n-loop cuff closure system. Double-layered leather palm in critical areas. Safety-Wrap pinkie system. Accessories included: Ziploc bag.
------------------------------------------------
30JUN2007 The new Teknic Chicane Leather Gloves arrived. I immediately tried them on and they fit fine but need some break-in time to get more comfortable. Then, I noticed a problem with the left hand. The knuckle part was strangely too tight, pressing against my knuckles when I make a fist, as if there was something stuck under the Steel thread molded knuckle protector. I turned the glove inside-out and found there was indeed something under there. I cut a small slit through the lining and found a piece of stiff, black, rubber foam measuring approximately 8mmx70mmx20mm. I removed it and all was fine afterwards except some of the stitching in the palm area can be felt when gripping the handlebars. I assume someone in Pakistan did this by mistake when making this glove. Anyway, all is fine now.

"What I've tried to do in the two books I've done, Signature in the Cell and Darwin's Doubt, is to show just how weak the materialist's hand is in explaining the key events in the history of life. ... We would encourage people to roll up their sleeves, do their homework on this." Stephen Meyer PHD
Old 07-01-2007, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
unsafe at any speed

New gloves eh.... Wonder if your hands will turn black when we ride through rain showers in OK in 2.5 weeks
Old 07-01-2007, 03:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Man it's flat out here!

Garage
The "Black Hand" of R1100S Dominance on the Stormy Open Plains?!

Surely we'll pass just about any and all other motorcycles we see along the way, eh?

"What I've tried to do in the two books I've done, Signature in the Cell and Darwin's Doubt, is to show just how weak the materialist's hand is in explaining the key events in the history of life. ... We would encourage people to roll up their sleeves, do their homework on this." Stephen Meyer PHD
Old 07-01-2007, 03:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: