Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

R1200S front fender part number??

Stupid me cracked the front carbon fender on my R1100S. I'll probably wind up repairing it somehow and painting it to match my bike as I've seen others do, but, I also thought I'd check on the price of a R1200S front fender. The fork looks identical and the fender looks like it's a painted plastic so I figure maybe it's cheaper than a R1100S fender. I'd like to look up the price on the Chicago BMW website but I need the part number. I couldn't find the fiche for the R1200S on the A&S cycles site. Would anyone have this info? Thanks.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Uh....who me?

I can't imagine how they'd be interchangeable, but you can prolly find the part number here.
http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/MainDiagrams.asp?VIN=zp30510
Old 07-02-2007, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thank you Bob.

A quick check shows:

Rear half of fender: $70 MSRP, $56 reduced.
Front half of fender: $175 MSRP, $140 reduced.

It's ridiculous, the front half is just the top painted plastic piece and it goes for $175 MSRP YIKES. They should offer an unpainted top/front half for a fraction of the cost.

Shift-tech.com offers a carbon front for the R11S. I may go with them should I decide I don't want to paint mine. Maybe I'll just wait until the winter and paint it then. I'll post photos of the damage. It's functionally fine, just a bit ugly.

The R12S fender would look really cool if it fit.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Uh....who me?

I got a hugger for my R12S from Shift-Tech. Good folks...Guido will do you right even if Fed Ex doesn't. They offer a discount for Speedzilla and may offer one for Pelican...not sure.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I saw a few posts regarding the Shift-tech hugger for the R12S, it may have been one of your postings. The product looks well made judging by the photos that were shared. I'll give Guido a call and get more info. A replacement may be the way to go. I can continue riding this season, swap out the part in the winter, and then paint the old one to have as a spare.

By the way, the MAX BMW fiche has a neat feature that the A&S doesn't, it lets me cut and paste the part numbers easily. I'm definitely bookmarking that link. Thanks again for the info.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: