Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Dee Jones and Denise In Wallowa

Well Dee and Denise made it here...I will let him tell of his saga when he has time...great folks and found out that Dee's best friend Bill was my neighbor and fellow '69 Triumph TR6R owner in Arcata and a fellow engineering student at Humboldt State University in 80's with my wife...and that Dee lived and raised more than a little hell in Humboldt County...small world indeed..

I rode with them from our home in Enterprise to Asotin on the Snake River..the GSA is my ride; sorta of a Wallowa County R1200S! ...photo was on Hwy 3 at Chief Joseph Overlook...

Phil:::

Old 07-04-2007, 12:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Dismembered

Phil, seeing a picture of your backyard makes me appreciate why you ride a GS and not a S. Looks great! Dee's an interesting character ain't 'e?
2012 Ducati Multistrada Pikes Peak (#072)
"It is difficult to get the news from poems, yet men die miserably every day from lack of what is found there" WC Williams
Old 07-04-2007, 07:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Talk Less, Say More

Location: Moab Utah. Home of wierd red & orange radioactive stuff...
Garage
Cool house!
Old 07-04-2007, 08:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
unsafe at any speed

great scenery!

I guess Dee got his new rims installed???
Old 07-04-2007, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Thumbs up Wheels and Tires at Big Twin BMW

Quote:
Originally posted by wswartzwel
great scenery!

I guess Dee got his new rims installed???
I knock BMW the Corp hard ..but Big Twin the BMW shop in Boise is first rate and really cares about their customers...even if you did not buy your bike there..they treat you right.

After I crunched in dirt their were the only shop that said and did get me the parts to patch it back together...and they did it quickly without gouging me on the price..and they are 4 hours away..

Same with Dee they busted their butts to get him back on road..I will let him tell the whole story..

Big Twin = Good folks and great ethics...

Incidentally Dee is one hell of a good rider! And a real kick to be around...wish he lived closer!

Phil::
Old 07-04-2007, 10:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
unsafe at any speed

Yes Dee is a super nice guy. I last spoke with him Sat. when he was waiting for the parts. Thanks for the update.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

One of my favorite rides, Lewiston-New Meadows-Brownlee Dam-Enterprise-Clarkston. I use to do 2-3 times a year. It makes a great 4 day ride from Seattle. Ever since our friends moved to Walla Walla, we just do a day loop from their farm to Enterprise and Clarkston. Great area for riding.

RB

Old 07-05-2007, 01:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

RB...Indeed A Great Ride..

Quote:
Originally posted by RBMann
One of my favorite rides, Lewiston-New Meadows-Brownlee Dam-Enterprise-Clarkston. I use to do 2-3 times a year. It makes a great 4 day ride from Seattle. Ever since our friends moved to Walla Walla, we just do a day loop from their farm to Enterprise and Clarkston. Great area for riding.

RB

RB,

Dee was bubbling over about the Rattlesnake Grade shown in your picture; he kept mumbling that NC just had nothing like it...the route you mentioned is indeed a fine ride...I did the Joseph/Imnaha [dirt]/Oxbow/New Meadows/McCall [stopped by snow storm] Lewiston/Enterprise with a group of GS riders..for the first time about a month+ ago...

That cafe at the Grande Ronde river has killer milk shakes!

Few vehicles, great scenery, lots of canyon roads and of course lots of dirt roads in beautiful mountains...

CK..thanks for comment, mountain side of home almost all windows, view from where I am sitting at computer 180 degrees of Eagle Cap Wilderness..we have two acres and of course I have my shop for the toys..yes, life is good, very good...

Everyone have a great summer!

Phil::

Old 07-05-2007, 09:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: