Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

BMW TAS Service Data

Does anyone have access to the TAS service data? I need info on a recall from Nov 2003 that affected my R1100S. Any service techs should have access to this I would guess, as well as anyone who has the full BMW DVD (or CDs) that the dealers get. The bulletin number I am after is 12 001 03 (061), recall 03V-483.

The defect is for re-routing the O2 sensor wire to prevent interference from the spark plug wires. I'm specifically after the pictures of the re-routed O2 Sensor wire.

A scan of the recall is here but pictures are very poor quality.

Any help appreciated.

2004 BCR #36 (sold)
Old 07-05-2007, 02:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

O2 cable routing.

If it hasn,t been done.... take it to your dealer. Recalls are free. No cost to you., TJS
Old 07-05-2007, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

tjs, good point.

Sorry should have been more specific. The recall was done. But then I took it all apart for an exhaust upgrade which required re-routing the O2 sensor wire to make it longer. I did not note the exact original routing. Now I'd just like to make sure I'm avoiding the spark plug wires as depicted in the bulletin pictures.

Local dealer is super swamped right now and I'm, leaving for Laguna in a week. Plus the bike is a US bike that I imported into Canada, not even sure my local (Canadian) dealer would know about this recall as I think it only affected US bikes.

So, if anyone can help that would be awesome. I only need those 4 pictures.
2004 BCR #36 (sold)
Old 07-05-2007, 03:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

O2 sensor routing

The original reason for the recall is that the O2 sensor wire and the bottom spark plug high tension lead ran parrallel to each other up the back of the rs cylinder base. All BMW wants is to run the 02 sensor wire up around the trans keeping it as far from the lower high tension lead as possible. The original fix came with a clip that attaches to the tab cast into the upper right side of the trans then the O2 cable clips into that. then gets secured with a cable tie. Looks like a horizontal U. Then it goes forward and up under the tank to the Harness connection. The main thing is not having the 2 cables running close together. Hope this makes some sense. TJS

Old 07-05-2007, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: