Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

R12S: Updated Ohlins Wrench

At some point, BMW either received (beacuse of no stock for early bikes) or else purposely upgraded the Ohlins wrench that came with R12S/sports. My bike came with 3 wrenches, one of which is the large 2-prong Ohlins wrench. Local S-rider Dave Bowen told me that his manual showed a 3-prong wrench, but he didn't get one with his bike. I didn't either. I also got an older 1st edition owner's manual.

The theory is the 3-prong wrench will not chew up the "teats" on the adjustment rings. I would prefer to have 2 metal adjustment rings by the way.

At one point I ordered the 2nd edition manual just so I can have 2. One to ride with the bike (1st edition) and one to keep in my toolbox at home. This way I don't constantly have to dig under the seat for it.

Last week I asked my dealer if they had any of the 3-prong Ohlins wrenches. Dave had trouble getting his in a reasonable time. They had one in stock so I bought it. $19.79 retail. Fits into the seat pan as shown here.

Last edited by JonM; 07-05-2007 at 05:11 PM..
Old 07-05-2007, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Living on borrowed time!

what's with this dirt-bike-ey jam nut setup on theese ultraspendy units, eh?

MY Ohlins has hydraulic preload.......nanananananana!!

You might have a faster BIKE but I can adjust MY shocks without barking my knuckles!!!

'I am John Andrew Moffett of the Clan Moffat and by god I live, love, seek, fail, grieve and die as I so choose and I call no man master save me'.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Jon, do you only need the one wrench instead of the three other bits? I also received the three part wrench set. What else was included in your toolkit, because everything shown in the manual (1st ed.) wasn't in my toolkit. it was just the three piece wrench, screwdriver?, and oil filler plug tool.

Is there also more useful info in the new manual than the old 1st ed.? Something that I am interested in is how to set the suspension properly. Has this been discussed in some detail earlier in this forum somewhere?

'06 BMW R1200S Candy Colours, Akrapovic System
'06 Honda CBX250 Twister (Red Mule)
Old 07-06-2007, 03:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: