Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Big Thanks to N8! and BMW Atlanta

I wanted all you Pelicans to hear about this: In the last session of a really enjoyable track day today at Road America on my R12S, I experienced a (relatively) minor crash-pilot error, should have quit earlier, brain just wasn't up to it.
When the crashwagon got me back to the pits, N8! came over to see how I was doing along with Bill and Todd from BMW Motorcycles of Atlanta. Nate reminded me gently that he had suggested I consider leaving a session or 2 on the table as rider errors are common in the late sessions. I'm not particularly famous for taking good advice.
Now, remember, I only met these three men earlier that day. I must
have mentioned that I ride my bike to and from the track, or maybe it was the license frame and mirrors all sparkly on the table next to my R12S which looked a little weary from the bout with the gravel trap.
Bill, N8!, and Todd took the bike to their pit, blew out a few tons of gravel, and proceeded to tie wrap the damaged front fairing brace, replace a missing widget or two, check the bike over really thoroughly, and had me ready to head for home in half an hour. Only then did they go back to packing up their gear for the day. I made it home without (further) incident. Guys, I can't thank the three of you enough. Thanks also for reminding me to never take our Beemer community for granted. BMW Explor Team rocks!

Old 07-05-2007, 07:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Very cool, except for the crash part.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Very very very cool.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Man, Im glad you made it home. We were all wondering last night.

Our pit area is open to you and all BMW riders. You get to ride again, your bike is not to bad, and I hope we can get together for a trackday soon!

Cheers,

N8!
Old 07-06-2007, 02:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Regnat populus

Garage
Nice Real Nice!

Greetings,

Nice!

Team Spirit!

Robert Foster

FOSTER RAD
LASER Engineering Exhaust Systems
RapidBike USA
Oakland Gardens, NY
Robert@FosterRAD.com
718-468-4680

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

All is well that ends well. That is our BMW community at work. All are a great bunch, with some really bright stars.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by N8Kern
Man, Im glad you made it home. We were all wondering last night.

Our pit area is open to you and all BMW riders. You get to ride again, your bike is not to bad, and I hope we can get together for a trackday soon!

Cheers,

N8!
Tried to call last night, your mailbox was full. Thanks again.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

What a great story. Sorry about the crash.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Great story, indeed. Doesn't surprise me a bit, though.

It does make me proud, however.

George

R1100R "Big Red"
Gone but not forgotten.

R1200R "Betty Noire"
So bad... So black... So beautiful.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Send a message via AIM to signit98
...just look at the BMW Owners Anonymous Book and you'll know everything there is to know about the BMW community!
2005 R1200GS - 20014 KTM690 Enduro - 2011 Husky TE250
Old 07-06-2007, 10:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

MORNING!!!!!!! man hot tub's work wonders. Had to come to Wisconsin to find that out! lol SO, another day, qualifying today and Im ready! Still some effects of a healing body, but so what. Brian rode great yesterday! My team had an 11 second win in Thunderbike. I wanted it pretty bad and the opening lap we just put out heads down....

Then a crazy 2nd place in Supertwins. The field in front of us was the Unlimited SUperbikes, but there was an Amateur 2nd wave of that race. Not to experienced Amateur racer with 180hp bikes..... WHEW is all I said each time one came in way over its head on the brakes trying to hang with the BMW. I was just bracing for someone to tuck the front and blast us.

K, ttyl,

N8!

Old 07-07-2007, 04:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: