Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Trip to Colorado - How are my rides?

Just thought I would get the collective expertise of the board to critique two days of riding I have set up for a trip to Estes Park at the end of the month.

JonM and I will be meeting up on Sunday and spend Monday, Wednesday and Friday hiking. Tuesday and Thursday will be riding days. If you have suggestions or alterations, let me know.

Tuesday Ride: Cache La Poudre Loop
Depart Estes Park and ride the Trail Ridge Road (US-34) to Granby. SR-125 North to Walden. SR-14 to Fort Collins and a tour of the New Belgium Brewery. Returning to Estes on US 34

Thursday Ride: Peak to Peak (I tried to make a loop out of this but all routes were pretty long and we are not in Colorado long enough for a proper, multi-day ride. I figure it can't hurt to ride this one down and back.
Depart Estes Park on SR-7 to SR-72 into Black Hawk. From Black Hawk continue South on SR-119 and hook up with I-70 West to SR-103 and into Arapaho National Forest. Then catch SR-73 to Conifer (would it be better to hit SR-74 at Evergreen over to Morrison?). From Conifer, take US-285 to SR-470 up to Golden. From Golden head up to CR-70 (Golden Gate Canyon) back over to the Peak to Peak and home to Estes.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: