Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Hermy's Open House March 8th

Not sure if this link works or not: Hermy's BMW [Hermys_BMW@inbox360.com]
Old 02-16-2008, 05:53 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
No try, do or not do

Garage
hey Bill, you get those clamps mounted up yet?
Old 02-16-2008, 03:08 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

No. Should get to them in a week or so. I wanted to not tear the bike down this week-end since there might be some warm weather tomorrow (Monday) and I have Monday off.

I have a bunch of things to do when I start in on the bike. I have to finish putting on the Spiegler brake lines. I had to stop when I released Spiegler did not send along the correct front brake block (they call it a manifold). But, they were very nice about it and mailed one out to me. And, I have an adjustable Verholen torque arm I want to install. While I'm back there, I want to pull the boot back on the FD and poke around - I'm weeping some oil down along the lower (vertical) FD bracket where the torque arm connects. Also, I want to add new bearings to the Verholen torque arm. And, then I want to take off the SJ Power Filter, blow that out and clean up any leaves and mice down in there. So, I have to gear up for a bunch of work. But all I want to do is ride.

I figure I'll start at the front, pull off the tupper ware, read the triple clamp instructions and start in on the triple clamps, finishing up with the brake lines. Maybe I'll do what I usually do and skip that part about reading the instructions. I dred working on the back end - I mean that leak problem. I'll have to read up on possible problems - do a search here and see what others have said. I get sick thinking about there being a major problem with seals or whatever. Bike has 15,000 miles on it.

BTW, first name is Tim.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:12 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: