Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa145V6 View Post
Mike, from memory you will need to drill through the rubber gasket to have new holes in the correct place. Once fitted the gasket is not totally flush with the bodywork as the bodywork is slightly curved. So a gap is clearly visible. Can you post a photo and we can say if its as it should be?
It has been commented on before on Pelican and its unfortunate I guess , but itís splitting hairs really as now you can see behind you!
Did you exercise the Ďbreak outí before fitting them? It was recommended on the instructions from Sandbar due to the bodywork of the HP2 being not so strong as the S1000RR.
Yes, I broke them back 10X each and then re-tightened.

My issue is that one side is too short and doesn't cover the bracket while the other side is way too long. I tried trimming one but that was not successful either and I may have just ruined it.

I will try some pics tomorrow.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #141 (permalink)

I ended up using a set of Mirrors from Kiwav motors out of Taiwan. They have really quick shipping if you pay the extra $10.

https://www.kiwavmotors.com/en/parts/controls/mirrors/fairing-sportsbike/medusa-sportsbike-mirrors-detail

https://kiwav.com/kiwavebay/product/01/mirror/MedusaMX/medusaMX-sportsbike-size.jpg

The 6mm bolts shipped with them would not quite fit as the bases are just a hair tight, but using 5mm bolts worked. They were like $100 for the pair.

-Jim
HP2 Sport #168, KTM690R
(if it's not snowing I'm riding)

Last edited by JT_R1200S; 08-30-2018 at 07:02 PM..
Old 08-30-2018, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #142 (permalink)

Ah, that’s a bit of a mystery then. Both my rubber boots were straight forward enough to fit and I didn’t notice any difference between them. Too late to have them side by side to compare?
Old 08-31-2018, 05:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: