Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cageyar View Post
That's because it's a UK website.
Arai varies their naming conventions in various markets. In the UK/EU, there is no Corsair V-it's called the RX7-GP, which is "tested" on this site.
Regardless, IMO, the Corsair V/RX7-GP is the way to go. Arai takes some hits for their shield removal/installation from those who don't know how to do it.
Once the proper method is learned, it take 1 second to remove the shield and 3-4 seconds to re-install. I won't wear anything else.

Arai RX-7 GP | Arai Helmet (Europe) | English
Cage is correct about the Arai shield system............I was afraid of breaking something until an Arai rep demonstrated at one of the bike shows.

He just pulled the shield out.........and then jammed it back in again.......told me not to be afraid to ram it home...........

My take on the helmets is get something that fits and is comfy.........then you will wear it!

Cheers
Old 06-12-2010, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

"...My take on the helmets is get something that fits and is comfy..."

Good words. I have always preferred the convenience of a flip up and upgraded my old Nolan to a new one last year. At the NYC show in January, on a whim, I got fitted for the Arai Vector. A month later I found one on sale. It is the most comfortable helmet I've ever owned and choose it for most of my riding over the Nolan.

Saint
'02 R1100S - sold
'07 R1200GS, '09 XR1200
Old 06-13-2010, 03:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
arai , gear , helmet , helmets , shoei