Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Tried to order an S1000rr today....

This morning I called the Philly region's newest dealer, Montgomeryville Cycle Center, and asked for Sales. I was put on hold for close to two minutes, eventually a woman picked up and confirmed that I was waiting for Sales, and put me back on hold. After a shorter wait, a man named Greg picked up. I announced that I'd like to order an S1000rr, and he chuckled. I did not get the humor, nor did he explain his amusement with my declaration.

I then asked if they had available allocation from BMW (I sell BMW automobiles for a living - so I have a passing understanding of the allocation and build process), and when that allocation might be built and delivered. He said he was not aware, and he'd have to speak to the owner. He said he'd get the answers and get back to me quickly. It is almost 5pm.....and I'm still waiting.

This is my closest dealer by a long shot. The one I'd go to for service and warranty work. To say I'm worried is an understatement.

When I called last week to make some initial inquiries about a demo model's availability, I was told I should make my way to the New York Motorcycle Show to get a chance to see and sit on one. That's 100+ miles each way and not very convenient. However, in my short exchange with Greg today, he did admit that they were waiting on a demo model. Not sure why I wasn't told about their impending demo model last week????

I'm really baffled by the lack of interest by this dealership in my business. Has anybody had any dealings with them....I know they've handled many other brands for literally decades. Good, Bad, I'd like to hear it!

Kevin8
2002 R1100s bcp
Old 01-11-2010, 01:51 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Dont taunt happy fun ball

Send a message via AIM to AndrewA
Why don't you just call them back and ask why they didn't call you? Maybe they lost your number?
Old 01-11-2010, 02:05 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

MAX BMW has one in their New Hampshire showroom. They might have one at the New York store.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:08 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Underwater basketweaver

Send a message via AIM to SergioK Send a message via Yahoo to SergioK
That'll teach you to buy a new BMW, those BMW sales guys are... are... Oh... what's that, you sell BMW's?? Umm... nevermind.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:43 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Snob Pirate

Sometimes Monday isn't the best day to get something done at a motorcycle dealership.

geo
Old 01-11-2010, 02:53 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
time wasting tosser

Theyve had the brand for a little over a month and youre asking about a bike that isnt in dealers yet.

Give em a break
http://www.njsbmwr.org/
Old 01-11-2010, 03:42 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now available:  101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster!
Dont taunt happy fun ball

Send a message via AIM to AndrewA
Anyway Kevin8, we could make excusses all day long about why they didnt call you back (I'm guessing that they're not accustomed to people that they dont know and have never seen ordering bikes over the phone).

But you should probably trust your first instinct.

You might be able to order from Max (or someone else) and have it delivered for no charge - then figure out if you want these guys to service it after they've figured out whats going on.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:34 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Initials & assault rifle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewA View Post
You might be able to order from Max (or someone else) and have it delivered for no charge - then figure out if you want these guys to service it after they've figured out whats going on.
Just make sure to check they put they battery in the right way during PDI.......
Old 01-11-2010, 05:39 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Does not sound very professional, but you get a lot of that theses days. Make you shake your head and wonder how some of these places stay in business. But to be fare they get calls all day from talkers and plenty in store lookers and tire kickers. Maybe if you said you were interested in placing a deposit on one that might have caught more of their attention. Not that you should have to. I have had as much as a week or more delay in response to emails or calls on vehicles or items. It some how feels good in a twisted way to say ,thats OK I already purchased it from XYZ . Gets kind of quiet then. And they don't laugh for sure. Hang tight. Some where some dealer will get more than he can sell, cash flow or what ever, and you will get a bike and better yet a deal. Or just wait out the gotta have it now crowd and really save some bucks.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:40 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

What do you not understand about dealing with the worthy keepers of the Roundel?
Old 01-11-2010, 06:10 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Living on borrowed time!

What's wrong with these frikkin' krauts...damn bratworscht eaters anyways...why CAN'T a BMW car dealership order a BMW bike, that's what I want to know

'I am John Andrew Moffett of the Clan Moffat and by god I live, love, seek, fail, grieve and die as I so choose and I call no man master save me'.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:06 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Nice suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewA View Post
Why don't you just call them back and ask why they didn't call you? Maybe they lost your number?
Well, actually...it was my second attempt calling the dealership. Granted, the first one was more fact finding, but an enthusiastic response on the first call would have locked up my business, no doubt. They say that the easiest people to sell to are salesmen. We are suckers for a good line!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:28 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Max BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lht View Post
MAX BMW has one in their New Hampshire showroom. They might have one at the New York store.
I bought my 2002 R1100s from Max. They shipped it from NH to the Albany store, and I picked it up in my truck. They were all aces to deal with. I just don't want to travel that far, nor do I think I have to. I have a good second choice in Hermy's BMW up in the Reading, PA area. It's just 60-70 miles away vs. 30-40 miles for the new store at Montgomeryville Cycle Center.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:30 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Dontchaknowit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonyRR View Post
What's wrong with these frikkin' krauts...damn bratworscht eaters anyways...why CAN'T a BMW car dealership order a BMW bike, that's what I want to know
We used to hav the bike franchise 8 years ago. Gave it up for friggin' MINI!!! One side of the biz has no connetion to the other. There is no employee purchase program, so to speak.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:39 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

I'm compelled to chime in here too (though my thoughts won't help the situation much).

Yes, it never ceases to amaze me how business stay...in business these days. You would think people would be bending over backwards to assist--especially in this economy. I've got lots of stories about local business who just don't seem to care--like the local bicycle shops who don't even look at you when you walk in the door, walk all around and up and down the store, then finally out the door. Sometimes I think I'm invisible. Then the local ice hockey shop who didn't return my calls after calling to inquire about the status of a $400.00 pair of hockey skates I had ordered from them. When I said "maybe I should try to get them from mail-order because I need them for my next game" the owner replied "yes, that might be best."

Well, it's a shame Kevin8 how some business owners just don't seem to care.
Captain's Award, Varsity Football, Grayling High School
2005; Perfect Attendance Award
Old 01-11-2010, 07:50 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander179 View Post
Theyve had the brand for a little over a month and youre asking about a bike that isnt in dealers yet.

Give em a break
I don't think the availability is the issue here. I think Kevin8 is frustrated because he's ready to drop ten grand (or whatever it is) and he gets treated poorly over the phone, then doesn't get a call back. I guess they just don't need his money.

He was giving them a break when he dialed the telephone.

Am I right or am I right?
Captain's Award, Varsity Football, Grayling High School
2005; Perfect Attendance Award
Old 01-11-2010, 07:54 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

If these guys work on commission, they are going to starve to death. I have seen very few enthusiastic BMW salesmen. Maybe they need to recruit some Ford salesmen. Ford seems to be selling vehicles even in this down economy.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:03 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
time wasting tosser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim22 View Post
I don't think the availability is the issue here. I think Kevin8 is frustrated because he's ready to drop ten grand (or whatever it is) and he gets treated poorly over the phone, then doesn't get a call back. I guess they just don't need his money.

He was giving them a break when he dialed the telephone.

Am I right or am I right?
and maybe you missed the part where that location just picked up the brand about a month ago and most likely doesn't have any information to give on a bike thats not even out yet. the salesman said, "I dont know". that shouldve been the tipoff.

youre right, availability isnt the issue though.

he may have not been given a handjob, but I dont see that he was treated poorly either.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:15 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Whoa!!!

If I'd gotten a handjob....I'd know it! At leash I think I'd know it......O.K....maybe not.

I'm just venting that I've reached out to a vendor and said, "I want to buy that new $17,000 bike you're selling" and I got a ....."AHHHH, yeah, we'll call you back"

F....'em. I'm tripping over myself when I've got a real buyer in front of me or on the phone. It's how I make my living. I've seen ton's of bike stores close in my area, including a few BMW points. These dopes just got the franchise....they have a potentially hot bike on their hands and they just stepped on their own dicks when presented a chance to sell a bike at full list.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:30 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
time wasting tosser

I was with you until that last paragraph. now it sounds to me like your expecting a handjob. you sound like a snob.

no offense
Old 01-11-2010, 08:36 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)
Old 01-11-2010, 08:36 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: