Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

There is a significant difference between a non-ABS bike and ABS, I speak from experience of having ridden a non-ABS R1150R and then one with ABS system. I would agree with you on avoiding ABS on a track bike, but for street riding it does help. Problem with ABS is in proper service, or rather lack thereof.

My bike has zero issues with ABS but it hasn't been ridden after the battery swap, will do so tomorrow to see if it will turn itself off as it always does after the bike is being ridden for the first few seconds.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
Registered Agitator

Garage
I have to totally disagree,, I haven't ever had the need for nanny system braking. Ever go over railroad tracks while braking with ABS or how about a rough road while braking & have ABS decide it needs to interdict & loose all braking control? A total pucker situation that was caused by the ABS. How about on a dirt road & loose all braking because the ABS was weirded out? No thanks I don't nor ever will want ABS. Hate it in my cars just as much. Not to mention the mushy lever feel it creates. Give me a solid, hard braking system every time.
Old 05-29-2018, 04:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

You and I tend to use the R11S in different environments. I ride mostly canyons, city streets and freeways. Perhaps if I rode more of the same roads you have had, I may have been of a different opinion.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirefriar View Post
I installed the Odyssey battery. Didn't button up the bike yet, tested it out. Starts perfect but the brake failure light is blinking. While it's on the pit bull stands ran the bike gently in first gear then shifted to second. Nothing wild but the light still blinks. Any recommendations? Do I need a reset?
Turns out there was no problem with brakes at all. Just needed to be ridden, which I did this morning. Brake light went off almost immediately after the bike started to move. Originally I tried to run it on while on a stand, which means the front wheel was stationary.

Man, I haven't ridden it in about a month. Riding it today reminds me why I cannot be without an R11S...
Old 06-08-2018, 09:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Installed a PC680 this week from found at 4wd.com for $113 delivered. The Westco lasted almost 5 years which make it about the longest lasting Westco I've ever had. The Westco doesn't appear to be too friendly to having a battery tender connected much of the time. And most of the time they only last about 2 years. The PC680 in the wife's R1100 has been in there for over 6 years, still cranks fine and only sees the battery tender once in a while. I was impressed so I bought one. Thought about a LiPo but even at the lighter weight it's gonna take more than an extra hundred bucks to improve my riding.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: