Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Phil.........we are thrilled to have you joining our ranks........but open your eyes. Of course the new R12S is entirely different than the previous rear end designs that came before it. BMW would do anything to be able to take back the design mistake made in the last generation Oilheads.......the biggest of which was to have all the weight, suspension loading, and bump and jump of a full size BMW motorcycle riding on two thin wispy sets of needle bearings. Not to worry Phil. The new bike is entirely different and much has been written on the subject. Read my ride report on the Press Intro of the K12S in ON magazine last summer. I think I talked about the new rear end design and for sure it has been covered in detail in Motorcycle Consumer News. Get ready to ride, get in physical shape, and quit worrying about the decision you have made or the bike you have chosen.

Old 11-08-2006, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #141 (permalink)

Oh, I was supposed to ride with my eyes open? Thanks for infomation. Not worrying, learning. The more I understand about my bikes the more fun the ride.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #142 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by JonyRR
this is the dude, post him directly...
http://www.rubberchickenracinggarage.com/
so Jony- did you do this upgrade? Anyone else try it? After doing my adjustment last fall, i've put 4K on the bike, and some play has reemerged, so i'm suspecting that replacement is called for. Cost is not cheap ($127 vs $55 or so), but if it's a lifetime fix like he says, then it's a great deal in the long run.
Do you know if this is the same Tom Cutter of Dual Plug fame?? If so, his credibility is confirmed to me.
2009 F800GS. has a better saddle. and other stuff. (sold)
2016 R12GSW 3Black. wow.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143 (permalink)
Biggest Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to gigantic Send a message via Yahoo to gigantic
yes, that's the same Tom Cutter from the airlist.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #144 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: