Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwnomad View Post
If the new parts are paid for by the insurance company, then the old parts belong to them. Itís not unheard of for the insurance company to tell the dealership to dispose of them as they see fit tho, but I have seen insurance not pay when a dealership threw out the old parts without getting authorization in advance.
Insurance company do not care about old parts. Their concern is that the parts were actually replaced. One clear way of having that proof for the file is to photo the old parts taken on their appraisers' phones.

The only real time that appraisers are interested in retaining the old parts is when they see the opportunity to unload them on flea-bay.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

In all my years (here in California) I have never seen an insurance company offer even the slightest interest in acquiring damaged, replaced parts.

BTW looking forward to pics of the repaired machine!
Old 04-18-2018, 02:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Stopped in last week to check on the progress and was handed the replacement CF valve cover. Was told it was being returned to BMW as there was a scratch in the finish. When I suggested the scratch could be easily polished out, and it could have, I was politely told that it was simply unexceptable and another cover was already winging its way from Germany.
Gotta love it, reinforces Santa Fe BMW was the correct place to have the bike repaired!

The shop already has a check from Progressive to cover the entire repair. When the work is complete and is acceptable to me, I sign the check approving everything and am back up on two wheels again!
Old 04-18-2018, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: