Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I know of another ultra-low mileage, black R1200s with ohlins, heated grips, wide tire, ABS & an Akra cat back. It is sitting at about 2,000 miles from new. Owner passed a couple of years ago and son got it in the estate settlement. Son is a rider, but hasn't felt a stirring for the bike. I know he's ready to sell if someone wants to start over with a fresh, unmolested bike. Bike is in S.E. Pennsylvania. Ping me if interested & I'll get you in touch.

2010 HP2 Sport
2010 S1000rr
2007 R1200s
Old 05-10-2018, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
'07 R1200S

Garage
Nothing that hasn't already been suggested, brake/clutch fluid, oil/trans, final drive and cleaning ALL the old gas out of the system. I guess you could also do the fuel pump/filter and hoses at that time.

Old gas would be my biggest concern.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Thanks for all the great feedback. I was able to get in touch with the dealership that did the last service on the bike in November and they informed me that they serviced the rear drive and transmission, replaced the engine oil/filter, performed a brake flush, replaced the alternator belt, replaced the fuel pump, and performed the rear wheel flange recall. In addition to this the owner put a new set of Michelin Power RS tires on the bike. It looks like things are in pretty tip top shape
Old 05-14-2018, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1100S-Slick View Post
Photos please....lol

it was loaded up for transport earlier today. now the waiting begins!
Old 05-14-2018, 08:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by windupbird View Post

it was loaded up for transport earlier today. now the waiting begins!
Very nice! I have been waiting to see a photo or two of your new ride. You've done well in finding such a nice low mileage example.

Last edited by buzzerbee; 05-16-2018 at 05:36 AM..
Old 05-15-2018, 04:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
04 R1100S

A beauty!
Old 05-17-2018, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: