Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW S1000RR Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
John, Jacksonville, FL

I'm Confused

I posted on the 'old' 11/12S forum and was chided about being on the incorrect forum with a picture of the HP2S. Then I thought the HP2S had its own forum, but now see it's included on the S1000RR? Was it that way from the start?

FWIW, making the HP2S and the S1000RR a separate forum, well, a bit tedious. Now we have to switch forums to communicate with the same people that we were previously communicating on ONE forum. PROGRESS????

'09 HP2 Sport #106
'09 R12RT, Full Remus
'07 GS Adventure (With McCruise, Full Remus)
Old 12-13-2009, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hi John, I asked Wayne to establish a forum for the Hp2 Sport to keep HP2 Sport data and dialog from getting buried in the 11/12S threads. HP2 Sport threads were constantly taken into a comparison with 12S and a perceived elitism that wasn't there. One Sunday I received an email from Wayne telling me that the High Performance 2 Sport forum was established and that I was the moderator. I saw it as a place to preserve information on what was to become an even rarer bike than the R12S so I started about building a home for HP2S related data. The S1000RR was placed here by Wayne because it too is High Performance. I don't find it difficult to switch back and forth on my browser. I use the INTERNET explorer. Some Pelicans see it as an attempt to take business away from the 11/12S forum and it is not. In time, I think that they will find that being able to go to a different room to find information on different models of BMW bikes is a good thing just as it is for the site on different 4 wheeled models. The 11/12S forum will always continue to be the chat room so to speak. This is not a contest. BTW, one of the long time posters from the beginning of the R11S forum was responsible for the S1000RR being where it is. It will far surpass the HP2S post in the future if sales forecasts are any indicator. I predict that it will be a much younger crowd, also. Hope this answers some of your questions.

Last edited by Guest24; 12-13-2009 at 08:39 AM..
Old 12-13-2009, 08:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
John, Jacksonville, FL

Kinda Sort of Answers It Bubba

Your comment . . . "The 11/12S forum will always continue to be the chat room so to speak." makes sense to me now. I guess anyone that posts anything about the HP2S [there] will be subject to some 'good-natured' ribbing

But, will question the S1000RR being in the same forum but thanks for excellent explanation. And yeah, not so sure about the 'younger' crowd and what does that matter other than making me feel damn old at 69 this month!

I should be out riding as it's a bit sunny out, but every time I think of hopping on a bike I'm confronted with the PITA chores that go along with owning a home!

Merry Christmas!
'09 HP2 Sport #106
'09 R12RT, Full Remus
Old 12-13-2009, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Don't forget about bringing the HP2S north. However, I get some thrills riding the RT up there also. I now have Autocom Active Duo which allows me to get Valentine 1 warnings, radio/cd, Zumo and cell phone communications in the helmet. Never had that before but on a touring bike it makes for less boring long rides. Oh yeah, the Iron Butt Association tag also tells the reason for the RT.

John, the HP2 Sport and the S1000RR are both High Performance bikes in their own right. That's why they are connected IMO.

Last edited by Guest24; 12-13-2009 at 10:43 AM..
Old 12-13-2009, 10:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
John, Jacksonville, FL

Did you do any of the Iron Butt events Bubba or just a poseur? Well, ya gotta help me on this one . . . BLANKING OUT PLATE? Wonder why? It's not like someone with a camera can't take a picture???
'09 HP2 Sport #106
'09 R12RT, Full Remus
Old 12-13-2009, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

John you have to be a qualified member to get the stuff. I've done the Saddle sore 1000 and the Bun burner 1500. thinking about the Four Corners.

Yeah, I was playing with the photoshop thingy. BTW I like it here where life is less confrontational. There has been a steady stream of Guests all day. I'm out there on the web looking for new S1000RR/ HP2S data all the time.

Last edited by Guest24; 12-13-2009 at 03:53 PM..
Old 12-13-2009, 03:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: