Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW S1000RR Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Max Distance KeyFlinger

2 RR vids front view for Nail24

Here ya go...hiway nine from Saratoga to Skyline, then from Skyline to 236...both shot facing forward. I know these roads can be ridden a little faster but I tend to be conservative due to high LEO presence and cars inadvertently entering your lane on the lefthanders. Enjoy.

YouTube - RRon9pt1.mp4

YouTube - RRon9pt2.mp4

2012 BMW R1200GSA~HNG UP
Old 03-21-2010, 10:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I did enjoy. You gotta love that slipper clutch. I watched this before my morning coffee and got too stoked to drink a second cup. Watch out for those "black snakes" this summer. I'd have to do something about that strobe light because you can shift on the sound alone it seems.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Max Distance KeyFlinger

I just think of that strobe as "Old Man BMW" winking at me...cuz he knows!

2012 BMW R1200GSA~HNG UP
Old 03-22-2010, 07:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Alan, all those great roads in the Santa Cruz Mountains in the 70 were fantastic as the cops then had a some what hands off policy.
www.motorcyclistcafe.com
www.sjbmwracing.com
Old 03-22-2010, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Max Distance KeyFlinger

Dean
They're still "hands off" but now they have tasers...hmmm, I wonder if those things will penetrate leathers and a carbon/kevlar back protector?
Also, in the 70's there weren't nearly as many riders and for sure there were less squids on litre bikes tossing themselves off the side and crossing DY at every opportunity...

2012 BMW R1200GSA~HNG UP
Old 03-22-2010, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Otter View Post
Dean
They're still "hands off" but now they have tasers...hmmm, I wonder if those things will penetrate leathers and a carbon/kevlar back protector?
Also, in the 70's there weren't nearly as many riders and for sure there were less squids on litre bikes tossing themselves off the side and crossing DY at every opportunity...
Good point, back then, the 70's, the riders up there did seem to be more experienced. there were for all practicable purposes no cruiser riders and the Harley riders stayed away.

My home was in Boulder Creek and I loved to blast up 9 and down Skyline to Alices on what ever trick BMW that Chris made into my current .....er.....ah....."Demo".
www.motorcyclistcafe.com
www.sjbmwracing.com
Old 03-22-2010, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Max Distance KeyFlinger

Having taken a tour of the upstairs at the shop and witnessed some of Chris' doings, I'll bet some of those "demos" were pretty damned exciting to ride...yee haw!

2012 BMW R1200GSA~HNG UP
Old 03-23-2010, 07:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Max Distance KeyFlinger

The potential in one of Chris' projects is always defined by the words that follow this opening, "What if we take this and..."

2012 BMW R1200GSA~HNG UP
Old 03-23-2010, 07:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Otter View Post
The potential in one of Chris' projects is always defined by the words that follow this opening, "What if we take this and..."
In the mid 70's when Chris was first hired as our Service Mgr, that might have very well been the first words he uttered to Ron, my partner, and my self, as he climed out of his POS Ford Econoline Van with all of his worldly possessions stuffed inside. One R75/5 Rat bike and a few clothes.

Damn those were great times, all three of us were single and the adventures were well beyond epic.................sigh...

www.motorcyclistcafe.com
www.sjbmwracing.com
Old 03-23-2010, 11:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: