Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW S1000RR Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

How many hp2 sports

Jonas,
would you please look into any company that has a modifcation to the S1000RR traction control that will let you do wheelies or at least carry the front wheel out of a corner or over a rise. unless i run slick all my holiganism is controlled,.
I'm looking into it on this side of the pond.
thanks
jeff

95 R100RT Classic, a keeper
Old 03-29-2010, 06:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
S1000RR Rider!!!

Re: How many hp2 sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Williams
Jonas,
would you please look into any company that has a modifcation to the S1000RR traction control that will let you do wheelies....
Jeff, I dunno if y'all heard that BMW is extra anal when it comes to warranty issues on the S1000rr. The warranty Will be null and void if you do any modifications to the electrical system, gearbox, engine and so on.
The word is for example that they only will allow the slipons that is sold as an extra at BMW. in other words the Akra-slipon.
Even the goodies at alpha racing is ā no-no!
When i pressure My dealer, he thinks that 3-party fairing is ok, but that the D2-display is not.
Dont understand all of "WHY?" but I know BMW is very nervous about many things that may go wrong with their latest bike.
Just my cent! Be well my friend, and enjoy your riding this season!
Oh, and i'll see what I can find on that wheelie issue!

Motto: You win some, and you loose some... you can't loose 'em all!
Quote:"And, just in case anyone is wondering, braking deep is easy when they donīt work....." - Brian Parriott
Old 03-31-2010, 08:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
S1000RR Rider!!!

S1000rr: warranty void if..

BMW is nervous, to say the least, when it comes to their latest superbike, the S1000RR.

BMW's technical boss in Sweden revealed to me that they have concerns about riders not setting up their bikes suspension properly.

The concern is based on the fact that if not set up properly, the rear wheel might start to bump and the ABS will not work properly.

Along with these concerns is the fear that riders will try to inprove the performance on their already powerful bikes.

The concern is based on the unique build of the engine. They will not pay out money for "improvements" that will reduce the quality or longevity of the engine etc.
If engine, gearbox, electrical system is modified the warranty is therefore no longer valid!

Hence, if you like to keep you warranty you can kiss, power commander, D2-displays, and all the goodies at Alpha Racing, all goodbye!

Why not another display?

It's simple really. The new display on the S1000rr is more than just a display. It's also a computer that handles many other functions. The new electrical system on the S1000rr isn't like any other BMW Can-Bus system.

So what can we do?

We can mount an Akrapovic slipon as sold by BMW retailers. Also all the other accessories sold by BMW.

When I asked about third party fairing, they told me it is allowed!

Hopefully more to come!

/j

Quote:"And, just in case anyone is wondering, braking deep is easy when they donīt work....." - Brian Parriott
Old 04-01-2010, 10:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Ride Italian

Send a message via Yahoo to schoolbusbob
The TC and ABS are able to be turn off as per the manual. I've seen on this list a street stunt rider do wheelies and stoppies so you should have no problems.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Jeff wants TC/ABS while up on one wheel so there's no drama in wheeling into that creek crossing near San Miguel that he likes so much!
'09 Husky TE450
Old 04-02-2010, 03:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelmike View Post
Jeff wants TC/ABS while up on one wheel so there's no drama in wheeling into that creek crossing near San Miguel that he likes so much!
you know me sooo well.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

well the hall monitors are at it again.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
S1000RR Rider!!!

Re: S1000rr: warranty void if..

I got some information that BMW Will release some new goodies some time after the summer.
What these goodies contain of is not clear. But I guess, with the limitations on what you can do to your bike if you want to keep the warranty, anything Will be a welcome addition!

Old 04-07-2010, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: