Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW S1000RR Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
S1000RR Rider!!!

BMW Roundel Sharing media, from Sweden with speed!

Hi ya'll!
Haven't posted for a while, but don't worry I check in once in a while to see what's up.

Now, I thought I'd share a little about what I've done this season.

This is my first trackday on my bike. Taking it easy and learning the bike.

This day the track dried up after a day in the wet the previous day.

After this I changed some settings on the bike. Dialled in the track settings according to the manual and I got a smaller secondary gear, changed from 17 (original) to 15. This to suit the short and twistie tracks in Sweden. (From Alpha Racing)

The changes worked fine. I managed sevaral low 1.06 times where the rookie 1000 guys are doing 1.05's, and this on the K3's that came with the bike.

This is from my last trackday, wearing my new Arai Quantum Mick Doohan edt helmet. With a 2 y.o power one 2ct rear and a worn k3 front I did 1.03 where the pro's are doin 1.01 and the superbike track rekord is 0.56.
I did struggle with grip! But I had fun nonetheless!

Check out this video from that day!
http://www.youtube.com/user/roffesg#p/a/u/0/CLpgs-jReR8

This upcomming weekend I'm off to another track, now with new rubber. I'v put on Dunlop Sportsmart and also i raised the bike at the rear by about 10mm.
Well see what happens!
/J

Motto: You win some, and you loose some... you can't loose 'em all!
Quote:"And, just in case anyone is wondering, braking deep is easy when they donīt work....." - Brian Parriott

Last edited by Jonas The Swede; 08-29-2010 at 03:39 AM..
Old 08-29-2010, 03:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hi Jonas, good to see you back. Great bike! How you like it compared to your HP2S?

What is the significance of the green and red tops?

Nice Video, too

Last edited by Guest24; 08-29-2010 at 05:46 AM..
Old 08-29-2010, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
S1000RR Rider!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nail24 View Post
Hi Jonas, good to see you back. Great bike! How you like it compared to your HP2S?
I wrote some in shreddr's thread, too lazy to write some more. I've got a cold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nail24 View Post
What is the significance of the green and red tops?
Nice Video, too
Due to being too many on the track at once, we're divided into groups. Hence the red, green etc. tops.

Also, I'm an Instructor for SMC - Swedish Motorcyclists, Sweden's AMA. And we have a rider school similar to CSS. We also have close ties with CSS. Joe is an instructor for both. Hence the bright Yellow top.

Here's another vid where my friend Per is riding my bike, filming is Niklas another friend, on Per's bike, a Fireblade -08:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeWo41QS1Hs

Motto: You win some, and you loose some... you can't loose 'em all!
Quote:"And, just in case anyone is wondering, braking deep is easy when they donīt work....." - Brian Parriott
Old 08-29-2010, 06:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: