Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW S1000RR Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Help needed on BMW HP2 Sport - engine problem

Dear all,

I have a lingering problem which haven't been fixed for sometime now on my 2009 BMW HP2 Sport

A little over 6 months ago & out of no where, the bike's engine starts to have erratic behavior from un-smooth running.

I took it to a first BMW dealer they found no problem, I believe they tinker with it a bit but sure enough within the 2 day of return things got worst to now what I'd call engine splattering which is unridable.

The bike would start but the engine runs so erratically it eventually stalls to a dead stop.

I called a 2nd dealer with some hope but they told me they have the same year bike with same problem sitting here over 3 months & still can't fix it.

Does any of the HP2 owners have some ideas for me? Is this a common problem? What's options are there to fix this? As the local boys seems not to have a clue.

Thank you all in advance

Note: I also posted on another site as I'm in desperate need of help.

Kris
Old 10-27-2015, 08:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

It could be as straight forward as an intermittent stick coil.
If you could borrow a known serviceable coil, then try it on each cylinder to fault find.
To perhaps give a clue before hand, start the engine and use a temperature probe on each side.
HTH.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: