Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW X1, X3, X4, X5 & X6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

2005 BMW X3 3.0 random engine stalling

Hi forum members,
I hope someone can help me get my X3 back on the road. I have a 2005 X3 3.0 and it runs well, when running, but it stalls at random times and it's beginning to occur more frequently. I replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter/pressure regulator and the fuel pump relay. When it stalls I cannot immediately start it, I need to wait approximately 5-10 seconds and it will start. It sometimes runs for several minutes and it has continued running for 45 minutes or more. The only code which has continuously returned is P0700. Members of several other forums have stated that possible causes could be camshaft position sensor, transmission solenoids or crankshaft sensor. Has anyone had a similar problem and if so how did you remedy the problem.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I've had this happen to me on the wife's 04. In my research...I ran across the scarcely talked about solution of replacing the oil level sensor... I did and haven't had the problem since...others can chime in and confirm as to the legitimacy of this fix.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2019, 03:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: