Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW X1, X3, X4, X5 & X6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

BMW Roundel 2013 X3 Exhaust Smoke

Following an oil change 2 months ago, I started to notice smoke coming from the tail pipe after the vehicle had been sitting for some time. (Overnight or all day) I returned it back to the garage where I received the oil change (this was the first time I used these guys), and they "checked it out". The decided to flush the oil and replace with new oil. The results were the same. I returned back to the garage and they "checked it out" again. This time they did an emissions test and added some "No Smoke" (whatever that is). The results were the same.

There is no Check Engine light or other notification. I'm not mechanical enough to know where to start. And, I'm not willing to take it to a BMW dealer quite yet. I am savvy enough to listen to direction and change out whatever may be causing this issue. The smoke has increased a little bit. It's mostly white with slight black smoke.

Someone sent me a link to this site to look for a Crankshaft Breather Valve replacement but they had chosen the wrong BMW model.

Has anyone else had this issue and what were the steps you took to resolve. All advice much appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
I would see if any codes come up - this will give you a great place to start. Also, is your car the 28i or the 35i?

-Dmitry
Old 03-23-2017, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: