Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW X1, X3, X4, X5 & X6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Adding Homelink Compass mirror 2007 X3 E83

I purchased a BMW Homelink / Compass / Dimming mirror from eBay, along the 61-12-0-140-175 Rear-View Mirror With Compass And Universal cable set. According to ReadOEM, this is the correct wireset for adding the mirror. I've bench tested the mirror, dimming, compass and homelink all appear to work.

There doesn't seem to any directions for installing the kit, total of three wires. One is for ground and power to the mirror, along with a reverse cable, to prevent dimming the mirror while in reverse.

I did find instructions for an E46, which uses this same cable set, routing cables from mirror, thru passenger side A pillar, then connections behind the fuse block. I haven't tried to install yet, but where is a good source to pull a signal for the reverse light signal? This is a blue with yellow cable in the wireset.

My car is a 2007 BMW X3 E83 12/06.
Old 03-03-2018, 12:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: