Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW X1, X3, X4, X5 & X6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

2005 bmw x3 air gap possible electrical problem!!!!!

Hi all I have a 2005 bmw x3 2.0d sport when I get to about 10mph I get the triad of lights, abs, 4x4 and warning light, plugged in icarsoft and comes back front right sensor air gap, I've switched the sensor to other side but fault stays where it was, changed drive shafts, bearing, changed sensor anyway, 2 abs modules (incase first was faulty, changed abs hydrolic side, and tested sensor is getting power and watched it on computer while driving and seems to read fine, also disconnected it and did diagnostic and it come back as disconnected so its getting power from module, also I've coded modules so it defo works, I'm at wits end here tried everything I can think of, any help or info would be great cheers
Old 03-12-2018, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello and welcome to the forum - someone who also had this issue suggested that it could be a faulty wheel bearing, but you may need to scan the ABS module with DIS/GT1, that's the only real way to diagnose an ABS issue. Lastly, I'm attaching a link to our site's DIY tech articles on your X3 - it may be useful to you in the future when diagnosing/fixing an issue. Best of luck.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/tech_main_X3.htm
Old 03-12-2018, 02:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: