Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW Z3/Z4 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Z3 Headache

Hope all are well in thee trying times and hope you remain so.

I am hoping that one or more of you might be able to help with a Z3 headache I am suffering. I own a 97 Z3 1.9 140bhp roadster, Right hand drive as I am here in the UK,

I recently had to replace the rear coil springs due to one being broken. The repair went reasonably well until I lowered the car back down. The ride height is about 7" from the top of the rear left tyre to the wheel arch and 6" on the drivers side. Looks interesting but not right. I have rechecked to ensure I have the right parts, but try as I might the back end just sits high. Im new to this and may have made a simple error.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be very welcome. I have attached a picture to show how it sits currently.

Old 04-06-2020, 04:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Something is wrong for sure. I would say wrong springs or not seated properly.
Previously owned: 67 Vette, 427 L88 Stingray, 74 De Tomaso Pantera L. Latest addition: 2000 BMW Z3 Roadster
Old 04-08-2020, 04:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Have you sorted it yet...

I am in the uk, and just done a rear end refurb on mine.....and have lots of pictures.....

Old 05-19-2020, 04:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: