Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW Z3/Z4 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

codes read at Pep boys today

Hi I am a new guy on this forum I am also on two other Bimmer forums seeking help and advice on my 1997 Z3 2.8 5 speed convertible

Right now I have two codes

P0170 which is fuel trim, have no idea how to trim fuel or what to do to fix it

P1128 I could not find that code listed anywhere

Issues, The engine runs very rough at COLD start until the secondary air pump turns off which takes exactly two minutes then it runs as smooth as glass

MY other non related issue is the gear shift is very stiff and difficult to shift, I have heard I need to change the transmission fluid and use either amsoil or royal purple oil for that.

Bill

Last edited by Bilito; 08-23-2017 at 08:31 AM..
Old 08-23-2017, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello Bill and welcome to the forum! Have you checked your plugs and coils? Do you feel any vibration when first starting the car...if may disappear when the car warms up. For the transmission issue, please take a look at the link below. This may be a good place to start troubleshooting. If you have any additional tech related questions, please feel free to post a Comment just below the article and one of our techs will get back to you with detailed info. Hope this helps and best of luck!

BMW Z3 Automatic Transmission Range Switch Replacement | 1996-2002 | Pelican Parts DIY Maintenance Article
Old 08-23-2017, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: