Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW Z3/Z4 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
suspension renew and possible upgrade.

I bought a Z3 Coupe (3.0) with 80k miles. Love the car but I believe suspension (other than rear sub-frame bushings) is all original and in need up renewal / upgrading.
The car's intended purpose is weekend getaway vehicle that the WIFE CAN LIVE WITH! However....... being an auto-x and HPDE instructor, I'd like to be able to use it as my backup car for these events. It doesn't have to be great at these events, just not horrible :-) I've already tried it out at auto-x and the biggest problem was body roll but, I wouldn't be surprised if the shocks are pretty much dead and I'm driving primarily on the springs.
I'm seeing lots of options from Bilstein 'touring' (pretty cheap) to Koni 'Sport' (more expensive) to, a relatively reasonable (about the same as the Konis) 'package' with, Bilstein B-12 PRO KIT including Eibach lowering (~30mm) springs.
Can someone give me real world feedback on these different set-ups?
I am planning to upgrade sway bars F&R as well. But, shocks and (possibly) springs is much more dangerous as far as loosing the WIFE in the equation. I DON'T want to do that.
Thanks in advance!
Chris
Old 03-04-2018, 08:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Any problems guess with this ?
Old 08-04-2018, 02:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
bmw , bmw z3 , z3 coupe