Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

console glove box lid hinge

The hinge on the center console glove box lid is broken and therefore the lid is not attached to anything. I cannot find that the glove box is a separate part. The broken hinge, which is plastic, appears to be an integral part of the console although the hinge part of the lid obviously had to be constructed separately.
I am at a loss about how to fix the problem short of replacing the entire console which is not an acceptable solution.
I would attach photos, which are on my iphone, of the broken part but I can't figure out how to get the photos from the iphone to this message despite the "attach a photo" box below. So I actually have two problems, the broken hinge and downloading a photo.
Thank you to anyone who tries to help me out. pbh
Old 07-09-2018, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello and welcome to the forum! If you're looking for just the glove-box, the part number is 99755244401. Hope this helps you out a bit. To upload photos, you have to use the 'old method' on the phone, scroll down when you click the 'Attach Photos' button and it'll let you select images from your phone's library.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
still plays with cars...

An easy fix.
The console hinge was broken when I bought my car.
Hinge repair kit is available, and can be done in 30-45 minutes without removing the console from the car.
https://www.ebay.com/p/Porsche-911-Boxster-Hinge-Repair-Kit-for-Center-Console-Cover-986-996/1611330994

Last edited by BoxsterSteve; 07-10-2018 at 12:36 PM..
Old 07-10-2018, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

The latch in mine was broken in addition to the hinge. I found a used console at 20th Street Automotive in Phoenix for about $50, installed my lock mechanism and installed in the car. Good as new, and the new box cover is nice than the old one.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: