Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche Crest 2006 Cayman Alloy Wheel Swap 19" to 18"

Hi All,
just wondering if anyone has ever swapped a 19" alloy wheels on a 2006 Cayman to a 18" or 17"?

And as far as stability and performance go, any changes at all? would it be wise to do the change.

I find the ride with a 19" wheels a bit rough, so having a bit more cushion would help the ride in any way? does anyone recommend a particular Porsche model alloy wheel.

I am a slow driver by the way.

Many thanks again for your input.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
You can do the swap, easiest way is to go thru Porsche dealer to insure wheels are compatible with the TPMS sensors. You need to keep the same overall height of the new tires also. I would go to the best wheel tire dealer in your area to see what they have.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
You might also consider just changing tires. I just switched from Toyo Proxies to Michelin PS4S and the ride difference is amazing.
'16 BMW R Nine T (the fun one) & '17 BMW G310R
Old 07-12-2018, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

BYprodriver and Tidybuoy, many thanks for your reply and suggestions. Have a nice weekend guys.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serg_Australia View Post
BYprodriver and Tidybuoy, many thanks for your reply and suggestions. Have a nice weekend guys.
Cheers Mate!
Old 07-12-2018, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Hi Guys,

Just a follow up from my last message on the Cayman wheels, I have installed the OEM 18" with a set of Michelin tyres (235/40 ZR 18) 95Y N4 tyres and must say that the car performance has improved dramatically. The heavy steering experienced with the 19" wheels has gone now and the transmission shifting points have also improved and I expect a better fuel consumption as well.
Many thanks for your past support and ideas, I will keep informed on the performance and fuel economy.
Thanks
Serg
Old 07-15-2018, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: