Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Best year for the Boxster S?

I am thinking the latest is the best, but other than a new one, what would be the best year and why?
How about colour for resale?
68 Shelby 500KR
78 Ferrrari 308
Old 08-25-2018, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
2009 and later are all bulletproof cars that will serve you well. No opinion on color for resale.
Old 08-25-2018, 07:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
2000 "S" if you like the analog driving experience, easier to find one without PSM.
Old 08-28-2018, 10:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

2000 of course. No reason other than I have one. Oh, 1st year of the S.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Try posting on 986 forum. The responses should be interesting.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWBOX2000 View Post
Try posting on 986 forum. The responses should be interesting.
On your suggestion, it is done.
68 Shelby 500KR
78 Ferrrari 308
Old 08-30-2018, 10:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajundaddy View Post
2009 and later are all bulletproof cars that will serve you well. No opinion on color for resale.
Mine is a plain jane 01 base. It was arctic silver with a blue top and blue interior. Red is my favorite car color, even in sunny hot Tucson, I prefer black interior. Yellow is nice, too. So it's now Red with a gold metallic. And the blue interior is primarily black (changing out the carpeting is not fun.)

The 03 and later has a glass rear window--nice and easy to see out of and into. The 05 or 06 has a more robust intermediate shaft bearing and seal. The brakes on the S models tend to be better, so do the interiors. And the 04 & later has an actual glove box on the dash. The motors on the S models are .5 liters and have better power bands.

These guys all love their 5 speed manual trans. I like my Tiptronic pretty well. especially navigating in the city. I'm a retired trucker, the shifting gets mighty old.

Generally you get what you pay for. And REMEMBER!!! there's no such thing as a cheap Boxster.
Old 09-01-2018, 01:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Had a couple 986's. stick shift sport suspension. Nice, very much fun. Does tend to beat you up on long trip or driving around a state (michigan) that has a lot of lousy roads. Was great fun on tracks(VIR, Road America, etc ) and Tail of Dragon. Gave them up for 2010 with PDK and am in love AGAIN. Also got PSE and that helps.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: