Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Cayman front license plate advice.

I have the factory license plate frame and need to mount it. Any advice, screw hole size and such? I really resist drilling holes in the perfect smooth front bumper but I guess that is the option.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Taunter of Asshats

Rennline Tow Hook Receiver, Billet License Plate Mount, USA Style
Part #: REN-1070-1080-L

Will this work? Mounts license plate through tow hook.

#red-beard2020
Old 08-31-2018, 08:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

i left mine off entirely.
thought NJ would get me at inspection, but noone said a word.
i keep the bracket and plate in the glovebox just in case, (cuz i'm on the way to the shop)
55 Sunbeam S7 Deluxe
70 Triumph Bonneville
Old 09-21-2018, 12:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Front Plate Mount

I bought the US Mill Works tow hook mount which is basically the same as the Rennline but saves you a little money. Like you I am not drilling my front bumper. I wish Virginia didn't require a front plate or go after you for not having one but unfortunately they do. If you have parking sensors these mounts will block one of the sensors!
Old 09-24-2018, 08:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

License plate.

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead with putting the factory plate frame after finding two little dimples on the front bumper, obviously intended for the frame. OUCH! Pained me to drill the little holes...getting over it now...somewhat.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: