Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

2.7 Ltr, Close to S Pwr,from upgrades ??

I was reading that certain ECU and TB upgrades can get you close to Boxster S Pwr out of a 2.7 info was from Pedro's Garage I think,..is that any where near true,..Thanks Frank
Old 12-24-2018, 03:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flmont View Post
I was reading that certain ECU and TB upgrades can get you close to Boxster S Pwr out of a 2.7 info was from Pedro's Garage I think,..is that any where near true,..Thanks Frank
No..............
Old 12-24-2018, 11:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

A summary of your options is available here.

Bring a boat load of money. No simple mods will get you there. $20k might.
Old 12-25-2018, 03:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

So pedro's garage info is all BS,..takes some balls to list all that if its bogus,.How about there IMS fix with presure fed bearing,..not as safe /good as LN's ?? Thanks
Old 12-25-2018, 07:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Probably better off selling the currrent one and then look for a Boxster S. There seem to be a few of them on C/L here and in Phoenix and with the dry climate we have the benefit of the least corroded cars in the country.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
HP Gain

I was quickly looking through Pedro's "Tech Articles" but couldn't find what you are referring to with regard to the horsepower gain. Frank where did you find that information on his web site? It would be difficult to obtain an additional 50 horsepower for our 2.7 liter engines but it would be interesting to see what he says. Maybe 45
Old 12-26-2018, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flmont View Post
So pedro's garage info is all BS,..takes some balls to list all that if its bogus,.How about there IMS fix with presure fed bearing,..not as safe /good as LN's ?? Thanks
I think the oil fed option is for the non-serviceable IMS from Ď05 to Ď08 and possibly some early Ď09ís in Gen 1 987ís.
I found some of Pedroís fixes worked in my 986 but they werenít performance related.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Ottobon100,..its under Technolabs at Pedro's the claim is a extra 30 HP so 217 + 30 (if True) is 247 thats close to S Pwr.

TonytheTarga..there's are for all models up to 08'

Brian in Tucson,..Iam looking at the 00'model at the Subaru lot here in town,.Not purchased yet but 24 miles and its in very nice condition as you would expect
Old 12-26-2018, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Some of those mods mentioned have been debunked by dyno tests. If they worked, they would be far more popular.

As to the IMS fix he espouses, the guys who have the most kits sold for fixes to the IMS say the issue isn't oiling for a ball bearing, something supported by bearing engineers. For a flat bearing or a roller bearing, different story.

The 2.7 is a nice engine and you can keep your foot down longer without getting to stupid speeds. I found a 2.5 to be as enjoyable as a 3.2 with the HP you aspire to. Heck, where would I use all that. I'd almost lost my license with a 85HP Porsche.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

If you find a 2.7 986 then just replace the bearing with the LN ceramic. Forget the oiling business for those. That normally only applies to the 987's anyway.
Remember Warren Hall. Contact me for your Warren 'Early S Man' Hall memorial decals.
Old 12-26-2018, 12:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Yea Thats what I kinda thought,..Iam happy with the 2.7 power also mikefocke,. I also have a 914 with a subie SVX 3.3 engine soon to be on the road so one hotrod is enough for me,..this is a weekend cruiser trip type car any way..!!
Old 12-26-2018, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

I have an 07 2.7 and 08 3.4. 07 has 100k more on the clock with headers into straight pipe mufflers. Itís loud but added significant power up top. Not to the S level of speed but well worth the money!
Old 12-28-2018, 04:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: