Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

987 window and wing mirror failure after battery disconnection

Hopefully someone can assist as I am at a loss. Had to change the pivot door lock mechanism on the drivers door as the handle went loose/flappy and window adjust on opening/closure kept going up and down. Fairly simple job of removing the door card, detaching the wiring connectors, putting in the new pivot lock mechanism and reassembly. On reconnecting the battery I had the usual PSM failure which goes after a short drive but neither of the driver's side window buttons now work nor the mirror adjustment. The passenger window moves as it should from its own button. I have removed the door card again and checked all wiring - all is fine, checked the fuses- all is fine. The window is stuck open as I had it down when I disconnected the battery. The memory reset of holding down the switches hasn't worked. There is power to the door as the speaker works fine. Is it possible these are on a separate relay (though I've searched online and can't tell). Has the battery disconnect 'forgotten these switches'? Seems odd that both the separate mechanisms have stopped working (they were fine previous) as I might have thought the power motor may have failed but both?? Is there an inline fuse somewhere perhaps? Any help appreciated. It is a 2006 model and have just spent thousands on some jobs and new exhaust and would prefer to not have to take it to a dealer due to more cost.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: