Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Stiff Shifter

I have done some searches and nothing seems to match my issue, or the threads simply stop without a satisfactory conclusion.

A friend bought a Boxster at auction which would not go into Park. I checked the cable, links and switch, all are fine. I removed the oil pan to find the link inside has separated from the slide rod. I loosened the valve body enough to reattached the slide rod and re-torqued the valve body. Refilled the transmission with new filter. When cold it selects gears and drives fine. But as it warms up, the selector gets stiffer until it pops out again and I cant select park. Which means as the transmission warms up something is binding the slide rod inside the transmissions.

Does anyone have any insight as to what I should do next?

Thanks

Rob
Old 02-10-2019, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufrob View Post
I have done some searches and nothing seems to match my issue, or the threads simply stop without a satisfactory conclusion.

A friend bought a Boxster at auction which would not go into Park. I checked the cable, links and switch, all are fine. I removed the oil pan to find the link inside has separated from the slide rod. I loosened the valve body enough to reattached the slide rod and re-torqued the valve body. Refilled the transmission with new filter. When cold it selects gears and drives fine. But as it warms up, the selector gets stiffer until it pops out again and I cant select park. Which means as the transmission warms up something is binding the slide rod inside the transmissions.

Does anyone have any insight as to what I should do next?

Thanks

Rob
Weird one. I got nothing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2019, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
More digging points to a blocked oil cooler. There was a pool of atf after the car cools. Does anyone know the symptoms of a bad transmission oil cooler?
Old 02-17-2019, 01:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: