Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1998 Tiptronic auto transmission removal

Looking for a good you tube or other video on the removal of a tip gearbox.
There are differences to the manual gearbox.
Can someone share a link.
I have exhausted my search.
Thanks
Old 03-19-2019, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I haven't found a video, but removing the tip is pretty straightforward. The differences between the manual & the tip is that you need to unbolt the flexplate from the torque converter, get to it thru the hole where the starter sits. There's a plug down on the left side that you twist and pull, The linkage is on the left side near the rear of the trans. There are coolant hoses on the right side that need to be disconnected and a vacuum line that operated a vacuum switch on top of the trans. These are the differences. Otherwise it pulls out pretty much like the manual trans. On YouTube, Burner has a pretty good video.

I did mine when the engine & tip were out of the car, I think the hardest part is gonna be getting the 6 bolts out of the flexplate & torque converter.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: