Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Dead convertible top

Hello,..My 02 's top will not open,..changed out the large relay, but no change is there another fuse or something I should be looking at,..the windows drop fine but the top does not budge. Thanks Frank

Old 06-02-2019, 09:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Same problem for me. Check if when the hand brake is on, that the light indicating so is also on in the dashboard. If not, there is a switch under the hand brake lever that needs to be replaced.
Try sitting in the car, power on and just move the hand brake up and down, quickly, slowly, partially etc. Keep watching the dashboard - if the brake light comes on, then you can move the top up or down. It will at least work for that one time. The car thinks the hand brake is not engaged, so the top won't work.
I have the switch on order. Will change it when it shows up. Hopefully today.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Just changed the ebrake sensor. Was not that difficult. Now it's fine.
You know it's that if the "brake" light does NOT come on on the dashboard.
Old 06-08-2019, 09:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Great.. !! Thank You,...Ray Pilot My light is out..!!
Old 06-08-2019, 05:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
My 98 base has a similar top issue, last time I closed it in the last bit of travel I heard a "pop". From that point on any attempt to move the top electrically resulted in nothing but dimming lights, no motor sound. I'm attempting to disengage the mechanism to convert to manual operation, got the 19mm bolt out of the drivers side but the passenger side is a bugger!
Going to work on it more tomorrow, any suggestions?

Thanks

Old 06-09-2019, 04:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: