Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Tom

Garage
Switching seat backs

I am new to the Porsche world, I have recently purchased a 2003 Boxster S. I have had it since Thanksgiving. And just love it. My question is can you switch the driver seat back to the passenger seat and vice a versa I have not been able to find any YouTube on this subject. My seats are in relatively good shape, for their age. Just trying to prolong it by switching backs. Any help is appreciative.

Old 02-07-2020, 07:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I don't think you can swap them like that.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Don't think it's possible. The seat back adjustment would be on the wrong side and it likely has electrical connections that would not work on the other side.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I have a '98 seat apart for recovering. If the seats have not changed much the backs can be swapped. The release for swinging the back forward is on both sides so no problem there. The motor for back adjustment has a connector to the junction block under the seat. I have not looked at the driver seat yet but cannot imagine they would use a different connector.
The back is held to the seat bottom by three screws on wash side.
Old 02-13-2020, 09:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Tom

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMadigan View Post
I have a '98 seat apart for recovering. If the seats have not changed much the backs can be swapped. The release for swinging the back forward is on both sides so no problem there. The motor for back adjustment has a connector to the junction block under the seat. I have not looked at the driver seat yet but cannot imagine they would use a different connector.
The back is held to the seat bottom by three screws on wash side.
Thanks, thatís what gave me the idea that they could be switched. My seats do you have the release on the inside and outside. I think this weekend Iím going to dig into it a little further. I will get back with you to let you know how it goes

Old 02-13-2020, 08:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: