Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

GHL Boxster Exhaust for sale

This is a used GHL Exhaust. I used it on my 2001 base boxster. Has about 11,000 miles on the exhaust. I replaced it with the Porsche Sports Exhaust. The mounting studs (see picture) broke during removal but GHL will either send you two to weld on if you are DIY, or if you send the exhaust to them they will do it free of charge. Mounting studs breaking is quite common, its no big deal. I have discounted the price for it as I don't want to take the time myself to do it. Exhaust has been sitting on my dusty storage porch so its a bit dirty and could use a good cleaning.

This exhaust is loud!! Perhaps it is the way the car should have come from the factory. Resonance between 2-3k RPM. Once you get out of that range, the sound is awesome. At WOT, you will be grinning if you are an exhaust fan. I loved it but my wife didn't so I got something a bit tamer, the Porsche Sports Exhaust.

Price is $400.00 plus shipping. Will sell to Continental US only. I can take Paypal as well as money orders or cash in person if you are close to Waxahachie, TX. (26 miles South of Dallas) This is a great price, but if doesn't sell, I'll ship it to GHL myself and have the studs put back on and then offer it for $550.00. Price is firm. You can email navarro@flash.net Thanks,
Mike

1972 911 T Targa Black
2001 Boxster Seal Grey
Old 08-13-2006, 05:13 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Off the market for the time being. I'm going to polish it up myself and then send it to GHL and have the studs fixed. After I get it back, it will be back for sale with a higher price. I basically wanted to dump it and put a cheap price on it so I wouldn't have to bother with shipping it to GHL and I really didn't feel like putting in the elbow grease to make it shiny, but if that's what it takes, I guess, that's what it takes. Take care,

Mike

1972 911 T Targa Black
2001 Boxster Seal Grey
Old 08-20-2006, 06:32 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Here's a couple of pics after a little bit of rubbing. I can't make it to FedEX ground to ship it out to GHL until Thursday so if you want it, let me know before then.

Best,
Mike

1972 911 T Targa Black
2001 Boxster Seal Grey
Old 08-20-2006, 07:59 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

EXHAUST IS ON HOLD FOR A GENTLEMAN. THANKS!!!

1972 911 T Targa Black
2001 Boxster Seal Grey
Old 08-21-2006, 01:54 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Exhaust is sold and paid for. Thanks!

1972 911 T Targa Black
2001 Boxster Seal Grey
Old 09-11-2006, 03:04 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: