Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Author of "101 Projects"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug&Julie View Post
You wouldn't happen to be selling that hot-rod Boxster when you're done with it, would you?
Not planning on it, but if I did, I would probably be replacing it with some really, really hot!

-Wayne
101 Projects for Your BMW 3-Series 101 Projects for Your Porsche 911 How to Rebuild & Modify Porsche 911 Engines 101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster & Cayman 101 Projects for Your Porsche 996 / 997 SPEED READ: Porsche 911 (October 2018)

Check out our new site: Dempsey Motorsports
Old 12-27-2008, 12:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Quote:
Originally Posted by superglide View Post
Wayne,
That's just the kind of project that I've been waiting 2 years (for your book) to do! I don't understand why Porsche didn't include an oil temp guage in the 986 cars; but second to the tach, it's most important one, to me. Then the fuel gauge, then the trip-meter, lastly the speedo.....
There's no oil temp in the 996 cars either - it's oil pressure. Here's a photo. This project is tricky, you have to get just the right cluster, or you will have problems. For example, this one works, but doesn't have the on board computer.

I kept the 986 gauge surround, but modified it to accept the gauges. I like the "see through" pod style of the Boxster.

-Wayne

101 Projects for Your BMW 3-Series 101 Projects for Your Porsche 911 How to Rebuild & Modify Porsche 911 Engines 101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster & Cayman 101 Projects for Your Porsche 996 / 997 SPEED READ: Porsche 911 (October 2018)

Check out our new site: Dempsey Motorsports
Old 12-27-2008, 12:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Wayne,
Oops! That must've been the eggnog talking! I meant oil pressure gauge...... But while we're on the subject; how about a DIY on an oil temp gauge, as well? Or is that only necessary for the air cooled engines?
Cheers,
Andy
'00 Tundra TRD
'04 996 C4S Cab. "waa-hoo!!!"
Old 12-27-2008, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

You say that the book is do to your publisher by Feb 1st... is there any chance of it being finished earlier?? What is the expected release date?

Please tell me you have in there how to install a turbo setup on a boxster..

Randomly.. something rare and not really cost efficient... replacing the tiptronic with either a 5sp man, 6spd man, 6spd tip, or just updating the older 986 tip software where the new 987s you can override the automatic trans and manually shift but still be in automatic.

*GASP!*

Wow that was a long ramble.

How to replace the stereo headunit withan aftermarket dvd.

MOVING THE CLIMATE CONTROL UNIT!!!!! Im still trying to figure this one out.

I cant think of anything else right now.

Cheers,

Adam
- 3.6L being built... can someone say sleeper?
Old 12-27-2008, 03:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

is the book going to be published soon?
Old 01-29-2013, 04:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Mo money = mo parts

Garage
101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster: Order the Book

86 Coupe (stock - pretty much like Butzi designed it)
65 Ducati Monza 250 & 66 Monza Junior (project)
"if you are lucky enough to own a Porsche, you are lucky enough"
Old 01-29-2013, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Any plans to update the book for the newer models?
Old 01-25-2018, 05:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
Eh, I think there is one already on my bookshelf. Have Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd and that damned Delorean snuck in here!
Old 01-25-2018, 03:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: