Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
CEO, Pelican Parts Inc.

Boxster Project 88: Stereo Head Unit / Ipod Integration

Anyone got any questions on Project 88 - Stereo Head Unit / Ipod Integration for your 986 Boxster, 987 Boxster, Cayman, Carrera 996, or Carrera 997?

Here's a back link to the original article: Pelican Technical Article: 88-ELEC-Radio_Install

-Wayne
101 Projects for Your MINI Cooper
Old 12-31-2009, 03:10 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Porsche Crest Becker - plug and play

With the factory Becker radio you can simply add a cable to the back of the unit which you can obtain from Becker USA. Minimal expense and the IPod or IPhone just plugs right in and you play from the AUX setting. No fancy display but it gets the job done - use mine every day - charges the IPod or IPhone too with an adapter (also available from Becker).
Old 03-30-2011, 06:29 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Porsche Crest Ipod or Zune input

Roadster,

Are you referring to the CDR 24 or CDR 23 radio? I have a 986 with the CDR-23, and would love an input and the ability to charge my Zune 32 Mg.

Thanks,

Pat
Old 03-30-2011, 06:44 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Cdr-210

I got a 97 with CDR 210, anybody know which is the model number of the newest stock radio I can upgrade with, that will be plug n play. Would like to retain a stock look, dont really want after market radio.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:50 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
CEO, Pelican Parts Inc.

I think the CDR 220 might be the latest and greatest - you have to use one that didn't use the fiber optic MOST system, which came out in 2003 or so.

-Wayne
101 Projects for Your MINI Cooper
Old 03-31-2011, 11:37 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Garage
Porsche Crest Becker Aftermarket Products

Guys: The folks at Becker have a solution to this issue - check them out at beckerautosound.com and from the home page click on "Becker Aftermarket Products" - the cable plugs into the back of the radio and you just use the "Aux" setting which they explain how to activate ... I believe this works for almost any Becker radio
Old 04-01-2011, 06:22 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
2011 2LT Camaro Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster Pilot View Post
Guys: The folks at Becker have a solution to this issue - check them out at beckerautosound.com and from the home page click on "Becker Aftermarket Products" - the cable plugs into the back of the radio and you just use the "Aux" setting which they explain how to activate ... I believe this works for almost any Becker radio
I believe this will only work on the single DIN, pre-2006 (05?) head units. Not compatible with the double-DIN CDR-24 units.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:34 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: