Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Cdr210

Spoke to the people at becker today..the problem is in the radio. Non repairable protection against over voltage..battery puts out 12v .alternator puts out 14v...will play until voltage gets to 14 then safety shuts down..i spoke to them about putting a 14 v dc to12vdc reducer in the back of the radio where the red fuse is..should work on paper..will recieve my reducer friday..wish me luck..if it works,i will pass on the fix...murf
Old 11-28-2017, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Radio doesn't work when running?

I bought a 14volt dc to 12 volt dc reducer..paid $8.00 shipped.removed rear fuse from radio.identified which side was fused..hooked up reducer...problem fixed..i was missing my radio..been a week and it still works..happy camper
Old 12-06-2017, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Has anyone

with the 14 volt outputs swapped in a new voltage regulator?
Old 12-07-2017, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Radio

No car charging system mods !! The fuse on the back of the radio is removed and a 14volt dc reducer to 12 volts dc is wired in retaining the 10 amp fuse
Old 12-07-2017, 04:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Radio doesn't work when running?

Google lumenier 12v step down voltage reducer.i bought mine in fla under $10 shipped
Old 12-08-2017, 05:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURF View Post
No car charging system mods !! The fuse on the back of the radio is removed and a 14volt dc reducer to 12 volts dc is wired in retaining the 10 amp fuse
MURF, I am having the exact same problem as you are describing. Would you be able to describe how you wired in the fix into the radio fuse with the voltage regulator please? A photo or diagram would be great.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Voltage reducer

Googled 14v dc to 12v dc reducer..lumineer bought in in fla $8 shipped.remove the fuse from the radio..i assume you have code? The fuse 1 side has power..check with test light use male spade connectors to wire into fuse plug.make the wires longer than you think to ease install..the reducer has 2 red end the female is the 14v side.both ends have ground wires that will be connected together and grounded to car.the female red wire goes to bottom of fuse..i rewire fuse into the wiring to protect install..2 male spades to plug into fuse 2 female to install the atc original fuse...plug and play mine works perfect and this is my everyday driver...enjoy murf
Old 02-14-2018, 07:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: